Pages

11.01.2013

Carter's First Trick-or-Treating Experience

Halloween in our neck of the woods was rainy and stormy.  Thankfully, that actually came in our family's advantage because it rained Daddy out of work so he was able to come home early and take part in our fun!
He ended up picking Carter up from the babysitter's house and brought him to my work.  We got him in his little turkey costume and took him from office to office "trick or treating".  My co-workers are amazing and got him things that he could eat, like suckers and bananas and Goldfish, and even some little cars to play with!  Then Brent took him home for a bit so I could finish up work and so they could get a little nap.


When I got home, we got Carter dressed up again and headed out to our church where they were having our normal trunk-or-treat but moved under shelter.  It looked like it could rain any minute, but it held off.  We ran into lots of friends and family out there, all of which loved Carter's costume!  I can't even count how many times I was asked if I made it...ha, no!  I'm not that good on the sewing machine!  
Carter is thinking "Hey, Charlie...why don't you give me a lick
from that lollipop?!?!"
Carter man loved being around everyone and didn't even seem to notice that people were in costume.  He didn't act scared of or even interested in checking out anyone.  We ran into his cousin Brayden the owl, and we had to get a picture!
After we finished up there, we drove around town to visit some family.  Then, we let the turkey out of his costume and went to the chili supper our church was putting on.  We visited with people and ate, but this mommy & daddy were worn out and we ended up home not long after 7!  Carter had a blast looking through his treats.  
I don't know if it was the exciting night we had or the few licks of a lollipop or what, but we had a hard time getting little man to sleep that night.  He finally went down and we were right behind him!
Today I was able to get him back in his costume for a few more pictures.  They still didn't turn out as good as I had hoped, but at least I got some I guess!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this is the cutest costume ever! I love this! And he can wear it again for Thanksgiving! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That costume is the cutest I have ever seen! Would be totally adorable on Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete