Pages

11.19.2013

Our Weekend...And a Funny Story

Friday morning I was able to squeeze in an appointment to get my hair done last minute.  I had the blond toned down a bit and my roots covered up.  I'm loving the darker color!  My grandma (Memaw) was able to keep Carter for me so I was able to go; he absolutely LOVES spending time with her.  I'm sure it has something to do with the spoiling that goes on, but that's beside the point!  

Then that afternoon, we went to my sister's (my former) high school for infant observation in her child development class.  The kids just kind of watched the babies play and had a worksheet to fill out about them.  There was a set of boy/girl twins there that were a few days younger than Carter man and they were so fun to watch! Carter really enjoyed his time in the spotlight and out of the house, so it was well worth our time!  When we went home, Carter was ready for a nap and we had dinner with Daddy once he was home from work.

Saturday, we had a lazy day around the house.  I caught up on some laundry and paid bills, etc.  Carter was very unhappy with this choice, as all the kid wants to do is go somewhere.  He was whiny/clingy all day, and I was beginning to think he was getting an ear infection or something, but when we went to eat Mexican with my parents that night, he was happy as could be.  I've decided he just needs to get out of the house to keep his sanity, kind of like I like to stay in the house to keep mine.  This could be a problem! 
He is always wanting to be outside!
This boy loves his trucks/cars/tractors.
Anyways, when we got home from the restaurant, since I had already given him his bath before we went, I was just changing little man into his PJs and a new diaper.  Well, he got away from me mid-diaper change and was gone in a flash.  I didn't rush over to grab him, but a few seconds later, went to get him and he started to crawl off.  That's when I noticed the big wet spot on the carpet.  Yes, pee.  So I'm like well, I will deal with him once I get this cleaned up because he has already peed ,what will it hurt?  So I soak up the pee and then go to get him and put on his new diaper.  That's when I smell something.  I look around and what do I see but a big pile of poop on the hardwood!!  All I could do was laugh and clean it up because what are you gonna do?!?  But I know one little guy who WILL NOT be going around without a diaper ever again!

On Sunday, my little sister Claire was Confirmed in the Catholic church.  For any non-Catholics reading, this means she chose the Catholic faith as her own and was sealed with the gifts of the Holy Spirit.  She chose me as her sponsor, and I was absolutely thrilled to do this with her.  However, it was during late Mass (10:30 AM), which would really throw a wrench in Carter's naptime.  Thankfully, we were able to arrange for my cousin Hannah to come over once I got Carter laid down and be there while I was at the Mass.  He napped most of the time for her, but I was a little nervous because he hasn't been around her much and he didn't see her before he laid down, so he would be waking up to her.  Thankfully, though, he did great and was a good boy for her.  I came to pick them up after Mass and we went to my Mom's for a little lunch celebration with the whole family.  I would have taken a picture of the chalkboards I made her as a gift with a Bible verse on there, but they were a big fail! I broke the glass on the first one and the second one's chalkboard paint started peeling off when I went to write on it! I'm going to have to work on them some more this weekend.


We had some rough weather in the area on Sunday afternoon.  Tornadoes ripped through just north of us, but somehow the weather here was pretty much sunny, although windy.  It did allow Brent to be allowed to go home from work early, so it was nice to have a few extra hours with him!  Our prayers go out to those who did lose family or their home in this line of storms.  

Our Monday was typical, and tonight after work we have family pictures for our Christmas card, so I have been busy working on outfits.  It's between these two choices + jeans all around.  I'm hoping for cooperation from both of my boys!


3 comments:

  1. Both of those Christmas card outfits are super cute! I like the top one with the red shirt :) OMG, that non-diaper story was hilarious! All you really can do is laugh sometimes! Something similar happened the other day to us, minus the poo (thank goodness!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mac has pooped on the floor too! Now everytime he has his diaper off he intentionally tries to pee on whatever's around him. Sometimes he tries so hard it comes out the other end! :) I feel your pain! Hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete