As we close in on our last few weeks of being just Brent & Whitney, the married couple, we have been doing lots of thinking. It's so crazy that in just a short time, we will be Brent & Whitney, the parents!
I have really gotten used to the fact that I am pregnant. That I have a baby growing in my belly. It's kind of hard not to be used to that between all the kicks and movements I'm feeling these days!
But I feel like I still haven't grasped the fact that I am going to be a mom. Me? A mom? So strange! I am absolutely excited about it, but it is still hard to wrap my mind around. I just pray that I am ready for all that entails. I know most of it is just learning as you go, but that doesn't make it any less frightening.
Monday night, Brent & I were laying in bed and he was feeling little man move around in my belly and he said, "I know you are pregnant. I know you are carrying our baby. But sometimes I look at you and I am like, whoa, we are having a baby!!" Ha...I'm sure it's strange for him to look at me and expect to see the old me, but instead see the big ol' baby belly! But I know exactly what he means. We waited for this for the past few years, and now it's here and so unreal.
But it keeps on getting more and more real, as we finish up little man's nursery, send out baby shower invitations, and begin thinking about things like pediatricians and a babysitter for after he arrives. Instead of maternity clothes, now I have shifted to thinking about breast pumps and nursing bras! We are getting ready for birthing center tours and breastfeeding classes.
We are really trying to get through our "to do before Carter" list so I can just relax and try to enjoy the last bit of pregnancy, but I almost feel like I am in a race against time at this point! Then sometimes two months seems so far away and I am just beyond over being pregnant and ready to meet my little boy! But then I know I am going to miss having him to myself and feeling all those sweet hiccups and kicks, so I try to soak them all in and memorize them forever.
I know this post rambled back and forth and probably makes no sense at all, but I just want to remember all these thoughts.


I look at Rylee all the time and still can't believe that 'I'm a mom'. It's crazy! When I saw Jeremy hold her for the first time- I looked at him in a totally different way. You'll do great and it is a learning experience. (I'm still learning to this day!)
ReplyDelete