Pages

9.27.2012

34 Weeks

How far along? 34 Weeks.  Carter could very easily show up in 3 weeks or so...it's just crazy, but so exciting!
Total weight gain/loss: Up 25.5 pounds. Glad to see things hold out even since I had gained so much before.
Maternity clothes? Pretty much everything is maternity now.
Stretch marks? A few on my bootie, but I guess because I wasn't putting the stretch mark lotion on there?  I don't feel like it has grown that much, especially in comparison to my belly!  But I have definitely started putting lots of lotion on there so maybe there will be no more.
Sleep: I am sleeping really good surprisingly.  Still up 2-3 times per night to pee, but as far as insomnia goes, there has been very little.  Maybe one night a week.  And even then, it is usually because my mind is going a million miles a second thinking of all the things I need to be getting done, so I try not to do that!
Best moment this week: Our first baby shower was Sunday.  Our friends and family really spoiled our little man, and we had so much fun getting things put up when it was over.  I am writing a post that will hopefully be up tomorrow on it.  Also, one night this week, Brent put the remote on my belly when we were laying in bed and Carter gave it the biggest kick!  It literally bounced off my belly! Brent thought I did it, but when I told him it was Carter he was amazed at how strong the little booger is.  I, of course, already knew that & told Brent that is what I have been trying to tell him!  No wonder my belly gets sore where he kicks around so much.
Miss Anything? I really miss my pre-pregnancy feet!  I have been having LOTS of trouble with swelling the past two weeks.  Sitting at my desk at work really gets them swollen, so I have had to rearrange my desk/computer so I can have them propped up.  Plus, they just hurt in general when I walk on them; more so at night.  I feel like I am doing the pregnancy waddle but it is only due to these feet of mine!
Movement: Lots and lots of movement these days.  He still has days where he is a wild child and days when he is lazy.  Those lazy days always worry me until he is back at it again.
Food cravings: I think it is safe to say sweets.  I have been loving anything with lots of sugar!
Anything making you queasy or sick: No.
Gender: Sweet little man.
Labor Signs: Some Braxton Hicks.
Belly Button in or out? In, but flattening out!
Wedding rings on or off? Off.  I have given them up!  I can still fit them on, but it is uncomfortable and so hard to get them back off.  Hope to be wearing them again soon because I feel naked without them!
Mood: Getting so excited...Little man is almost here! :)
Looking forward to: We have another shower next Sunday hosted by Brent's sister.  After that, we will be ready to purchase the final must-have items on our registry and be sure the nursery is ready to go.  I also can't wait for our glider to come in from Babies R Us.  That is the last big thing we need in the nursery.  I ordered it in early August, so I'm hoping to see it soon!

Another random thing that happened this past week...I came home from work starving and made Brent's favorite meal of tacos.  I was feeling great, absolutely no problems all day.  But when I had eaten most of my food, I told Brent I thought I was going to get sick and I couldn't eat another bite.  Suddenly, I was running to the bathroom & got sick with the most force I have ever had before...I felt like my eyeballs were going to pop out of my head!  It was terrible!  But once I had it all up and cleaned myself up and brushed my teeth, I felt completely fine again.  I don't know what the deal was with that.  I'm thinking I must have eaten too much.  Carter was also wiggling around, so he may have just kicked my stomach or something.  I'm hoping this is not something that will happen again!

I also attended a birthing fair with a tour of the delivery rooms and a breastfeeding class at the hospital we will be delivering at.  Both were nothing I couldn't do without, but I feel much more prepared about the things to come just having a little extra info.  Brent & I will be attending a birthing class next Saturday, so I am hoping it helps as well.  Brent is giving up playing in a charity softball tournament for his work that day so he can attend as well.  When I told him maybe he could skip out on the parts when he has games, he said that he was committed to Carter & I and that he would be there.  I love that man! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment