Pages

1.10.2013

Back to the Real World

Well I have been back at work for a week now.  I went back on January 2nd, when Carter was 9 1/2 weeks old.  I can't believe my maternity leave came and went so fast!  It really is bittersweet because I was actually missing adult conversation and having a reason to get ready in the mornings and put on real clothes.  I was craving the routine too!  I love to sleep in, so I was having a hard time getting Carter on a schedule when we didn't have anything to wake up for.  So our schedule everyday just kind of depended on what time we woke up!

I have definitely missed my little man, but knowing he is in good hands with my grandma 3 days a week and his (future full-time) babysitter Judy while I am away makes me feel better.  Mainly, I just worry about missing out on all the fun stuff!  It seems like all I do when we get home is eat, bathe, wash bottles (oh, how I am hating all of these bottles!) & sleep!  I am selfish and want to get all of his smiles and fun time from the day instead of giving them up to someone else.  
Not the best picture, but an example of what I don't want to miss!!
We are doing really good at getting up and going on time in the mornings.  I have found that if I can have his bottles ready, his diaper bag packed, and outfits and things laid out the night before things tend to go easier in the mornings.  And days that my grandma keeps him are awesome because she comes to our house, so I don't have to worry about packing anything up or even worry about him being out of his PJ's. Really, the only problem we have run into is Carter wanting to stay up later than we would like.  He tends to want to stay up until 10:30 or 11, and momma & daddy just can't hang like that through the week!  We have ourselves a little night owl!  But, once again, that is 100% my fault from when I was home with him, as we would stay up late & sleep in late.

Work is going really good so far, but we are just about to get SUPER busy with tax season.  I am going to try to catch up on Carter's first few months.  I have been so busy, but have got to make time to sit down and blog a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment