One Saturday morning, Brent and I were trying to prolong our lazy snuggles in bed, so when the kids woke up we brought them both to our bed to play and cuddle. Brent and I were trying to talk with the kids between us, and I don't even remember now what I was saying, but it was something I didn't want Carter to know about because I was spelling out some words. Well, Carter doesn't know how to spell yet, but he does know the "BINGO was his name-O" song, so he just starts spewing out "B-I-N-G-O" like he was part of our conversation and knew exactly what we were talking about!
Carter potty trained over the summer and to get him going, we taught him to pee off of our wraparound porch instead of dealing with that silly little potty where you have to dump the pee out and clean it up every time. And of course he thought that was WAY cooler than using a silly old diaper, so it worked! Since then, instead of telling us he needs to pee, he says "I need to pee off the porch!", even when we are nowhere near a porch.
Sometimes when I get on to Carter for doing something, for example, "Carter, stop yelling", he will respond, "I'm not Carter, I'm a farmer!" Like that is supposed to make me not discipline him or something?!? So I have to say, "hey, farmer, no more yelling okay?" and it seems to work! Crazy kid.

Anytime he sees the sun out, he thinks he needs to go outside to play. It could be ten degrees, but if it's sunny he thinks it's nice. You can't tell him it's cold either, he will say, "but the sun is shining!"
One day when we were driving to town, he noticed an old man outside trimming his rose bush by the road. He had a white beard and Carter said, "hey, look, mommy it's Santa!" And every single time we go by that house, he looks and says, "I don't see Santa today." I swear the kid forgets NOTHING!
He is scared to death of a red fox. I don't know where he got this besides that one day when we were on our way home from the babysitter's house, there was a red fox that ran across the road in front of us and I was telling him about it (I don't even think he saw it!). I probably made a big deal out of seeing one because A)it was the middle of the day and B) I haven't ever seen one before. Anyways, now when it is dark outside he is scared to death to go out alone or even into a dark room alone because "the red fox might see me." Not sure about that one...but I did tell him I was going to call the red fox today to come get him if he didn't take his nap, so maybe I am contributing to that problem! ;)

He loves to send us to 'baby jail', which I have no idea what he means for us at home, but at his babysitter's house that is an area for little ones like Landry Kate that is made out of foam floors/walls/chair so they don't hurt themselves. It also doubles as a great place for a temper tantrum throwing toddler, so I guess he hears that a lot and threatens us with it too?
One day in the car, Carter said, "look mommy." I couldn't turn around and look since I was driving so I asked him to tell me about what he was trying to show me. He said, "see if I have hair under my armpits." HA! I was dying laughing, but I had to know where he got that one at. So I said, "who has hair under their arms?" He said, "daddy!".










Great post dear! Have a wonderful weekend:)
ReplyDeleteirenethayer.com
Love that he started spelling bingo! If I ever spell out words Liam just asks "what are you guys taking about?" Ha!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, this is hilarious!! He's a riot! I love these posts.
ReplyDeleteI was reading this at work and literally had to try not to laugh out loud. I don't know you guys, but he seems like such a cutie.
ReplyDelete"I need a million dollars"--HAHAHA! So good! These are just great :)
ReplyDelete