
That's right...Carter is going to be a big brother!! We are expecting baby Smith #2 to arrive January 6, 2015 (but I'm totally pulling for a 2014 baby!!). They should be around 2 years and 2 months apart...perfect timing in my book. (I may change my mind on that when the baby comes though!)
We officially found out on April 29th. I was about 90% sure before even taking the test because I am never a few days late. I took a cheapie test at home that morning and got a faint line, texting a picture to Brent to see if maybe I was just crazy. We decided I should buy a better test on my lunch break and we found out that night that I was, in fact, pregnant!
Of course, I have since then been worrying myself to death with the "what am I going to do with a January baby" questions. Since that is the start of my busy season at work, I am less than excited on the timing, but God gave this baby to us in that time frame for a purpose. We had been trying for around 6 months (around Carter's first birthday) mainly so we could have close babies but avoid this problem, and it just didn't happen. So we decided if it didn't happen in that past 6 months, what were the chances it would happen so quickly afterwards and a baby come during tax season? Plus, with a history of miscarriage we just thought we should keep trying. And, wouldn't you know that it happened immediately!!
So, as far as work goes, I am kind of up in the air. I have been told I can have 6 weeks off and will be expected to be back at work. This wouldn't scare me so much if it wasn't jumping into the craziest part of the year, plus having to catch up on what I missed. Last year, I was working around 55 hour weeks at that point and I barely made it through, so with a newborn and a toddler I just can't even imagine. I'm just praying for God to give me an answer as to what I need to do. Is this my sign to stay at home for a few years? Do I need to find a way to work from home more? Do I need a part time job instead? I just don't know the answers yet.
The pictures in this post were taken at 13 weeks and I will be 15 weeks pregnant tomorrow. I'm still hoping to do a bi-weekly (or at least monthly!) pregnancy update this time around, I just have to get started. I feel silly posting "bump" pictures when there still isn't much to show! With Carter, my belly finally made an appearance between 14-16 weeks so it may happen any day now. Some days I think it has decided to come out, and then I realize I just ate a huge meal and that it is probably just a food baby, not the real thing! :)
As far as how I have been feeling so far, I can definitely say it has been entirely different than with Carter. I have been nauseous, but nothing like the no appetite whatsoever I had with him. It comes and goes, and when it is here I can't keep a thing down...whereas with Carter I think I may have actually gotten sick once. Thankfully, the Zofran my OB prescribed really kicks it in no time and I really haven't had to take it too many times. It has been over a week since I have felt that way, and I hit the second trimester so I'm thinking it all may be a distant memory at this point.
Oh, and everyone wants to know when we find out the sex of baby. We should know the first full week of August. And what do we prefer? We don't really feel strongly one way or the other, but a boy would be nice again since they will be born in the same season and since we have cars and balls and tractors everywhere. But we can always buy some bows and baby dolls and be happy either way! We don't "have to have a girl" like a lot of people tell us because we definitely plan on at least one more baby in the future so we still have plenty of time for a girl. And I'm kind of loving this whole being a "boy mom" thing! This time, I am looking more forward to feeling the baby move than finding out if it is a boy/girl by far.





Oh my gosh, how exciting! Congrats!! Maybe your next year will bring the new job of SAHM!
ReplyDeleteWow, how exciting!!! We have been trying for 6 months now, and I am losing my patience! Your work situation sounds tough, but at least you have plenty of time to think about it! I absolutely love being a stay-at-home-mom, but I know it's not for everyone.
ReplyDelete