I know I'm over a month late for this, but here I am anyway recapping our Easter. I think it is safe to say that we all thoroughly enjoyed the holiday, but as always, we were worn out by it all.
We had an opportunity to do an egg hunt with our bank the weekend before Easter, but it got really cold out that day. Plus, Brent had to work and I was not sure I could wrangle two kids in a crowd of people when they both would have to be in different age groups to hunt, so we just sat that one out. I did go ahead and pull out the plastic eggs around the house and we practiced a bit.
Then on the day before Easter, our little community had an egg hunt. It was, of course, right in the middle of the kids nap time, but we decided to skip naps and hunt those eggs! There were so many people there, and Landry is quite shy (especially when sleepy!), so she wasn't real into the egg hunt thing. She actually ended up just sitting in the dirt in her cute outfit and watching ants!! I think she got like two eggs, and one was from me picking it up for her. Carter, however, did really good! We were able to convince him to wait to open the eggs after the hunt was over this year. He was quite proud of his basket of eggs.


After the hunt, we headed to do some shopping and eat some supper. And when we got home, we had to do some more "egg hunts" around the yard before baths and bed. I got some of the sweetest pictures of the kids!



The kids had very minimal Easter baskets this year since I knew they get all kinds of treats from their grandparents and aunts. We always end up with more candy than we could ever eat all year long! So they got a few treats, a couple of books each, and one toy. Carter got snap cubes like he loves to play with at his babysitter's house and Landry got some little squeak eggs that I figured she would love taking in/out of the container and taking them apart and putting them together. And the kids had a big time checking it all out, once they got woke up good!
After church, we ate breakfast at my Mom & Stepdad's house, where we snapped a few pictures. The kids were done with sitting still since they had just sat through church, so they are less than great of them. But Landry Kate's little outfit had to be documented! :) Then it was lunch at Brent's Granny Mac's and an afternoon at his Granny Suzie & Delmer's. We made it home in time to do some play outside before falling into bed to get ready for another week!





No comments:
Post a Comment