Pages

6.10.2016

2016 Everita Bass Tournament

On Memorial Day weekend, our family always has a big bass tournament as a way to get the extended family of my great-grandparents together (who had 15 children, so it is a BIG family!).  Each team is drawn from a hat and made up of two people, one "in-towner" and one "out-of-towner" so they all will have boats and places to fish.  They weigh in three bass for overall weight.  Then we have a big fish fry that night to celebrate.  We even have trophies! :)  Whichever team wins hosts the next year's tournament so we can keep it going.

This year, Brent fished with my cousin Brent.  They did great, but not well enough to place in the top three which win a cash prize.  My step-dad Steven and his partner ended up taking home first place. 
My sister Raylee, Landry Kate & my Mom ready to watch the weigh in. Brent always says he looks forward to the fishing tournament "like Christmas" so I figured it was important enough that Landry needed a cute fish outfit! :)


I expected Carter to be enamored with all of the fish, but he was more worried about running around and playing than watching!
First place winners!
We ate some lunch and the kids did some playing while the men worked on cleaning the fish for the big fish fry.  

We went home to get Landry Kate a nap, and Brent brought the boat back home.  Then he did what daddies do and tried to force "being a man" on Carter.  He was NOT happy about holding that fish!



I can't help but laugh at his disgusted little face! :)  And then daddy had to go and be a goofball to bring a smile back to his face.  
I didn't take my camera over to the fish fry later that night, but it was such a great meal.  The kids had so much fun throwing rocks in the lake and chasing the tiny little frogs that were all over the place.  
And I'm sure Brent is already looking forward to next year!

2 comments:

  1. I love this! What a cool family gathering! And all the bass pictures... love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fishing tournament?!! What a great idea for a family weekend! I might just have to steal this idea and host one for our family!

    ReplyDelete