We started off Friday with a trip to the splash pad. Landry took a good nap after that and I was able to put together a lasagna while she was sleeping. We invited my dad and stepmom over for dinner and they took the kids outside while I finished up the salad and bread. Carter took Landry for a ride around the pond in the Razor and my dad snapped the cutest picture of them! This is them doing what they do! :)
After Landry's nap, we went to get Carter and came home to play around the house and eat some supper. My sister Raylee came over when we got the kids to bed and stayed with them so Brent and I could go over to a friend from his work's house for some food and drinks. It amazes me that he still has energy to go do social things after working 12 hour days!
Sunday morning, I braved the crazy and took both kids to church by myself. We sat with my dad and stepmom so I had some extra hands and somehow we survived with no trips outside or to the cry room. I was so proud! They were dressed in their red, white and blue so we had to take some pictures as soon as we got home!
We went to eat lunch with my dad and then went home to get rested up. Brent took off early {!!!!!!} and we got everything together and headed out to our little town for our fun little Independence Day celebration. It starts with a parade. Landry especially loved the parade, especially the horses! And the tractors are always a hit with Carter. The rain held off until just after the parade, so we were thankful. I say rain lightly, as it was truly a washout!
We ate some good food at my step-grandparent's and got to visit with family we don't often see. In between showers, we were able to drive the Ranger over to some other family's house to visit there as well. However, the rain really set in at that point and didn't let up the rest of the night. Carter had a blast playing in the rain and smelled like a wet dog! The fireworks were supposed to start at 9PM, which is already pushing it for my kids to be up, but because of the rain they were postponed until whenever they could get a little break in the rain. That break finally came around 10/10:15 and they were able to shoot them off in just enough time for another downpour to begin. The kids loved them as long as their ears were held. I think they were about half asleep, though! :)
Monday morning (the 4th), Brent was back to work and the kids and I slept in. It was still rainy, so we just lazed around the house. After Landry's nap, I took both kids to see Finding Dory with my mom, my sister Raylee and a couple of her friends. This was both kid's first movie and they did so much better than I imagined. Carter was really good with it, as I had suspected since he has gotten really into watching TV and movies. But Landry was a toss-up. She loves to watch TV much more than Carter ever did at that age, but still she is only 1.5. Thankfully, the little theater we went to has wide aisles and she was able to get up and down and walk and play a bit when she got bored. Between that and the popcorn, she was happy! We only had to get up one time, and that was to buy the popcorn. Afterwards, we went to eat Mexican for dinner and they did pretty well there, too. We got home in time to do early baths and bedtimes to prepare for the week ahead.
So, in all, we had a super busy, but great weekend. I find it easier to get through weekends without Brent around when we keep moving!
Now we are only a week away from a beach vacation, so we are counting down the days!












Bounce boat?! So cool! And I love all their festive outfits!
ReplyDelete