Pages

8.29.2011

2 of a Kind.......Workin' on a Full House

Brent & I celebrated our second anniversary at the beginning of August.  We had a really busy weekend because of our church's annual fundraising picnic, and since our anniversary fell on the next Monday, we decided to just order a pizza and stay home since we were so drained.  I picked up the pizza on my way home and we ate our pizza, I had a glass of wine, and we watched the Bachelor Pad on the couch all cuddled up.  Real special, huh? 


But that's what is so great about us....We don't have to be doing something grand to have a really good time.  We can have a lazy night around the house and be just as happy!  


Anyways, back to the title of this post...a full house!!  We have both always wanted to be young parents, but Brent would have been happy to start trying for a baby the second we were married!  However, I'm a little more logical and more of a planner, so I wanted to be done with my degree and have a good steady job as a CPA before I was ready.  I have completed the degree and have a great job, but the thing that was holding me back was that I am currently taking some online classes to finish up the extra hours Kentucky requires me to have before they will let me officially be a CPA. The good (but dumb!) part is that the classes can be anything from history to business to yoga, so it shouldn't be too difficult of a task to complete.  


I was convinced I wanted to wait until I was finished getting the hours I needed before we started trying, but a cousin (Ellen), who has 4 kids from elementary to college age, had a major health scare a few weeks ago and thought she had a very aggressive form of cancer.  It turned out to be another health condition that is more easily controlled, but it was an eyeopener to me that I'm not guaranteed another year of life, and I really want to be a mom and make Brent a daddy before I'm gone.  So, I decided we can make it work!  


We are officially trying to have a baby! It feels so strange because we have always talked about this day, even before we were married, but now that we are actually here it feels like a dream!  I am feeling really excited, but very nervous about the whole pregnancy, birth & raising a child process.  


I'm sure there will be more to post over the next few months, but I just wanted to document how we came to this decision and our feelings up to this point so we can look back at this in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment