December 28th-January 27th
We finished up the Christmas celebrations and put all of the decorations up for the year. I'm sure next year we will barely put anything up because we will have a one year old who will be into everything! So I guess we said goodbye to most of it for a couple of years!
Then we celebrated New Year's at home with our little guy. I knew I had to go back to work on the 2nd, so I didn't want to get too far away from him. So we ended up having Brent's mom, dad & sister over for dinner, along with another one of our couple friends that has a little girl (Rachel, Andrew & Ryleigh). We ordered pizza and they brought a few sides and we just relaxed and took it easy. When Carter got ready to go to bed, they all left and Brent and I went to bed immediately after watching the ball drop in New York (11PM our time!). We didn't even make it to the new year!
On January 2nd, it was back to work for mommy. My first day back, Carter stayed with his babysitter Judy. Since I had prepared everything really well the night before, I somehow got him dropped off and to work early! I was very proud of myself for not crying that day when I left him...but I am really happy with our sitter and I think that really kept me calm and happy that day. The days he is not with Judy, he stays home with my grandma. Those days are really nice because I don't have to pack anything up!
Carter got RSV in the middle of January and it was terrible! More on that here. He had been sleeping all night up until he got sick, but it threw him way off schedule and made him wake through the night several times. Plus, we had to give him around-the-clock breathing treatments which exhausted us further. Luckily he slept through them somehow! But even once he got over the RSV he still was on the wacky sleep schedule. :(
Carter really started being aware of what was going on around him this month and even started really using his hands to grab things...unfortunately his favorite thing to grab is his mommy's hair! I refuse to get it cut though, it is finally the longest it has been since high school!
Little man can always find a TV if it is on anywhere around him and he loves to watch it. I know, I know...it's not the best thing for him, but he loves it and it's not like he spends hours in front of it!
He is so funny when I go to take his clothes off. At first I thought it was because he was excited for his bath, then I thought it was because he liked being naked. But now I realize it is because he is just ticklish! I have a video I will post with his 4 month post that is adorable!
Toward the end of the month, Carter started rolling over a bit here and there. It wasn't really consistent that he would actually make it, but he consistently tried to roll over anyways! He also hit a growth spurt around the same time, and he ate like crazy!








No comments:
Post a Comment