Now that tax season has come and gone, I'm hoping to get back to blogging regularly instead of these random monthly posts I have been posting! I thought I would start out by showing off my little Carter's nursery. It is definitely not Pinterest-worthy, but we LOVE it!
This is the view when you first enter the room. We went with the Willow Organic bedding. I knew I wanted to do something other than blue or sports in our baby boy's room, and Brent really wanted it to be camouflage, so this was our compromise. My grandma bought the crib as our baby shower gift from Babies R Us. I ended up finding a rug like I had envisioned in my head at Walmart of all places and it was super cheap...score!
I really wanted a glider in his room and I loved this one from Babies R Us. However, it was so expensive and I really didn't want to spend that much on it. I searched and searched for one that I liked better, but I just couldn't find one that made me happy for any less. So, we ended up ordering it anyways! I found my little side table at Kirkland's knowing it would be perfect for keeping bibs/burp cloths handy. My step-mother crocheted the pretty blanket that we keep on display on the chair and my sister-in-law made the subway art with Carter's birth stats.
I'm so happy we ended up buying the matching mobile to hang over Carter's crib. It ties it all together and he LOVES to watch it go round and round. My mom had a local artist paint the cute personalized canvas over Carter's bed. It has the "Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep" prayer on it and she made it match so perfectly!
The furniture in his room was some old furniture that my mom had re-painted and it had been in this room for a really, really long time when it was their guest room. When we purchased their house and they moved out, they didn't really have anywhere they needed this furniture and were planning on just selling it online or taking it to Goodwill. I had them leave it because it is really pretty, good quality furniture and I thought it would look perfect with what I wanted to do in Carter's room. I'm so glad I did! It is working so well in there, and when Carter gets bigger and starts getting rough on it, it won't really make much difference!
I ordered the "Now We Have Everything" print on Etsy. It is one of my favorite things in his room because it is so true! The owl I found at Kirkland's and the squirrel & deer were from each of his baby showers.
We put in the wire shelving in his closet when we were working on Carter's room. It originally just had a wooden shelf and one wooden rod across it. I knew Carter would have way too many clothes for that, and since baby clothes are so short, I wanted to add a second row. Brent was less than excited about it, but I was emotional and growing his baby for goodness sakes, so he couldn't say no! I love how it turned out.
This piece of furniture gets used quite often, as it is where most of the diapers get changed. It really is the perfect height, so it has worked so well. The "C" Carter picture that matches the bedding was from Etsy, along with the antlers wall decal. I was surprised at how easy putting up the decal was, even at 8 months pregnant!
Probably my favorite part of Carter's room was actually already there. My step-grandmother painted the ceiling in his room years ago for my mom. I have always loved it, but figured I would end up having to paint over it because how many babies rooms would this actually go with? But it ended up looking great with our theme and colors, so we kept it. I think it gives Carter something interesting to look at during diaper changes and at bedtime! The only thing on the ceiling we did was change out the light kit on the fan to this one.


No comments:
Post a Comment