Pages

7.29.2015

What We've Been Up To

It's been a long while since I have posted a random update, but I feel like we are finally coming out of that haze of having a baby under 6 months and entering into the real world again, so it's time!  Plus, both of my babies have gone through major developmental milestones these past couple of weeks that I can't be waiting around to post. 

Big brother's toys are always the most fun! :)
Landry Kate is officially a crawling little gal at 6.5 months old!  And when I say crawling, I mean full-on, up on her hands and knees, going wherever she wants to go crawling.  While I am very happy for her, I was in no rush for this to happen and can't believe we are already at this point.  Also, I have added "go through Carter's toys and be sure all of the tiny pieces are put away" to the ever-growing list of things to do.  

And Carter man is wearing big boy underwear!!!!!  (Yes, that deserves five exclamation points.)  While he has really shown interest and capability in potty training for over 6 months, he just didn't have the want to until about 2 weeks ago and suddenly he just started keeping his pull up dry and telling us every time he needed to go.  I know people always have told me that when he is ready, he will just do it, but it was hard to understand just how true that is.  I wasn't even pushing him about it anymore.  He has even kept his pull up dry (most of the time) at night and nap which is just blowing my mind over here.  Not buying diapers for two is going to be nice!  However, I must say, I didn't realize just how much of a job it is to be taking a kid to the potty all of the time.  A mom's work is never done, that's for sure!

Yes, that's grass...on her face!
So on to the random updates.  Since tax season has been over, I have been able to start getting off at 4PM instead of 5 Monday through Thursday and it has made our lives so much better.  Notice, not necessarily easier, but better.  I am able to make us a good supper in less of a rush and still get some time with the kiddos after it is all cleaned up.  I also have been able to fit in some time to work out.  We started by going on family walks, but it is just too hot now for that, so Brent and I are taking turns going out to the gym and I do some workout videos from YouTube as well.  We are both feeling more energized and just better in general since starting that.  I wish we could diet as well, but honestly while breastfeeding, I am one hungry gal and just can't seem to keep up with my hunger trying to eat super healthy.  There will come a day we can focus on diet as well, it just isn't now!

Doing sit ups with dad.
A big change for me back in mid-May was trading in my SUV for a mini van.  While the convenience factor is through the roof, I still am not sold on the idea of me driving a mini van, but I know this phase in my life is going to fly and I won't need it forever.  The sliding doors make taking a carrier car seat in and out SO easy (especially in a crowded parking lot) and I can just push the button on my key fob and Carter's side will open too, so he can be climbing up into his seat while I am taking care of Landry. I also got remote start put on it and it has a DVD player built in which will come in handy on our Florida trip this fall.  

Hmm...otherwise we have just been enjoying the summer with tons of time spent outside.  We have been trying to do fun stuff for Carter man like going to the drive in movies and the fair with him on his own and having sister stay with a babysitter for a bit. It is nice sometimes to just enjoy him instead of having the attention divided!  


And Brent & I have even had a few date nights of our own and this past weekend we celebrated my birthday in a party suite at the St. Louis Cardinals game, which was a blast.  Two nights away from my babies had me missing them like crazy though!  
I think that's all I have for now...but I have some family pictures we took a couple of weeks ago to share soon.

3 comments:

  1. Girl. Sliding doors are my love language. Mini van for life! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for being potty trained!!! It really is hard & unimaginable to trust that they will do it when they are ready... But it happens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for potty training! But yes, it's still a LOT of work. Who knew?!

    ReplyDelete