Pages

7.19.2013

Five on Friday

Today I'm linking up with lots of fun ladies for Five on Friday...with five things on my mind right now!

1) Back to Reality: Yes, unfortunately, we are back from our beach vacation.  Actually, we returned EARLY last Saturday morning and after an all night drive and unpacking/catching up on laundry plus the return to a desk FULL of work this week I just haven't had time to recap on here.  But, it is coming...promise!  Here's a preview:
2) Baby Meals: My little Carter man is growing up!  He is getting tired of the plain ol' purees his momma has been serving up and thinks he needs some finger foods in the mix.  We had been feeding him some Puffs but he started wanting to make a meal out of them so I had to come up with something else!  So, I have started giving him some cut up banana or avocado, or steamed green peas.  Last night, he even got to eat supper with Mommy & Daddy!  He got some pieces of crescent rolls, peas, mashed potatoes from mommy's plate, and I even let him have a few {super tiny} pieces of roast.

3) CousinsCarter's little cousin, Brayden, is almost 3 months old now.  We went over to their house to visit the other night and they boys were really sizing each other up!  It's so funny because their daddies grew up together and Brayden's daddy was always WAY taller than Brent even though Brent was technically a few weeks older.  Well, now Brayden is going to tower over Carter even though Carter is the "big" cousin...so it is just playing out the same all over again!  Brent jokes that we just have to teach Carter to pass the basketball and play good defense.  Really, though, I just pray they can remain the closest of friends and enjoy having one another so close {in age and location}.
4) Convertible Car Seat:  I think it's time to make the switch to a convertible car seat.  I have gotten to the point to where I cannot even begin to carry his infant seat in and out of places with him inside!  Technically, he probably has about 4 pounds to go before he has overgrown it, but I am ready to retire it anyways.  So, I'm on the lookout for a good, safe car seat that is easily washed and can grow with us for years and years.  Any tips would be appreciated!
{Via}
5) Daddy's Toys: Brent has been wanting to buy a Gator-type ATV for quite some time now.  I have put him off awhile because he has been working all day everyday, so I tell him he wouldn't have time to use it.  But, he started saying more about it since we have been home from vacation, so I told him that if he was getting one, I wanted to have it by our church's big picnic so we could have it to ride around at that.  Well, that is in two weeks, so he has been looking hard!  He has found one that we are probably going to go buy tonight, so we will likely be riding around on that all weekend once Daddy gets off work!
{Via}
Have a happy weekend!


1 comment:

  1. We're about to make the switch to the next size up car seat too! Ekk :)

    http://hellonewlywedlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete