I'm definitely running behind with this post, but I think maybe I get a pass since this month has fallen during my busiest time at work. I've never been so happy to see April 15th on the calendar (I'm sure I say that every year!!). Anyways...on to miss Landry's three month post.
My sweet Landry Kate, why must you grow up so fast?? I'm in no hurry to see you grow. Stay a baby forever. Really. I feel like I have just blinked an eye and she is no longer a newborn. She is interacting and getting her own little personality and I'm just shocked that it could possibly go by faster than it did the first time around with Carter man.
She has made some major developments this month, mommy's favorite being sleep-related. She is officially sleeping through the night!! I am so overjoyed since Carter was over six months before this milestone ever happened consistently. She gets really sleepy at about 8/9 PM and gets fussy. Once I nurse her and swaddle her up tight (definitely the key here!), I can lay her down and she will generally sleep until around 6AM. The few nights she has not been swaddled up good and tight, she woke up around 2 in the morning, so I'm a big fan of a good, tight swaddle these days. And I would almost maybe even consider moving her out of our room to the crib, but big brother has taken it back over lately and I haven't had the energy to fight it. So long as we are getting a full night of sleep and he is not in MY bed, it's fine by me! But we will definitely have to get that all straightened back out before long.
Another big milestone is rolling over. About a week before turning three months old, Landry Kate started rolling from her belly to her back like it was no big deal! There was no teaching from mommy or anything, it was just like she knew exactly what she was doing. I was so glad Brent happened to be in the room with me when she first did it because I knew he would never believe me! But she proved me wrong thinking it was an accidental deal as she has done it over and over since then.
She also is very interested in sitting up these days. She gets mad when I try to lay her back in the boppy pillow and only wants sit up in it. Sometimes she refuses to lay her head back in the car seat, too! It's so funny because Carter was not interested at all in sitting up, he just wanted to stand up. I guess Landry just likes showing off her neck strength skills! :) We have pulled out the Bumbo so she can practice a bit.
Other happenings this month include a major snow (15 inches!!) which meant some unexpected days at home with mommy and daddy, then warming up for spring which brought some of Landry's first days outside and her first ride on the Ranger (which she seems to really enjoy). Unfortunately, this month also brought her first sickness. What started out like a normal cold quickly turned into RSV. I remembered Carter man's bout with it at about the same age, so it was easy for me to determine that she needed to go to the doctor. Thankfully, she seemed to be calmed by the sound of the breathing treatment machine, so several days of frequent breathing treatments wasn't too rough on us. The picture on the right below was taken literally seconds after we finished a breathing treatment so clearly they don't bother her at all! :)
Breastfeeding is still going really well. She usually eats three four ounce bottles a day when I am away from her for work and we nurse the other approximately three times a day. Those sweet little chunky cheeks tell me that we are doing a pretty good job! And I'm still freezing a few bags full a week so I'm very happy with my supply thus far.
We have pretty much made the move up to 3-6 month/6 month clothes and she is definitely ready for size 2 diapers but we are finishing off the size 1's that are still around here and there. I have no idea on length, but the best I can tell by my home scale, she weighs around 13 or 13.5 pounds. I will get a better measurement next month at our pediatrician.
She loves: bath time, laying in the floor (which can't happen a ton unless there is close supervision because of her brother!), her big brother (but not as much as she did at first, now she is starting to watch mommy and daddy more!), and her swing.
There really isn't a lot I can say she isn't a fan of...she is just a really good-natured girl. We love her fiercely and just want her to stay a baby for awhile longer instead of growing up on us! Time slow down please.










She is so adorable! And big brother seems to be taking to her really well! Mac was definitely not that nice and didn't want anything to do with his baby sister! They are so cute. I'm totally impressed with her amazing sleeping habits. What a great baby!
ReplyDeleteEek! The two of them in the wagon together is just adorable!
ReplyDelete