Pages

6.10.2015

Five Months with Landry

I just keep falling further and further behind with these!  I have no excuse besides that life with two kids is chaotic.  Anyways, my sweet Landry Kate turned five months old on June 1st.  Here is all about her fifth month:
The biggest change for the month has been sleep related.  She got moved out of mommy and daddy's room to her crib down the hall.  And she rocked it!  At first I was laying her down with the swaddle of the Halo sleepsack around her arms, but I realized how much she was rolling around all over the crib and I realized she needed them out to not get stuck.  She ends up sleeping on her belly every night, even though I lay her on her back.  Sometimes it takes several trips to her room when she is falling asleep to give her the pacifier, but she is doing really good for the most part. Unfortunately, since her ear infection (more on that later!), she has been waking up around 2 AM to eat every night.  She goes right back to sleep, so I guess I don't mind losing a little sleep to get some extra cuddles with my girl every night.  But if she starts sleeping through the night again sometime soon, I won't complain! I do miss having her right by my side of the bed though.
We aren't on a good napping schedule at this point, but hoping that the transition to a new babysitter will help us get things worked out so it will be good at home and there as well.  Typically, she is taking two good naps and then a short little cat nap around 6PM to hold her over until her 8 PM bedtime.  

Breastfeeding is still going good.  I would say I am making just enough at this point...no more freezing for the future, but not having to pull any extra out to add to it either.  I am interested to see what I have to say about this next month as my supply dropped off with Carter at 5.5 months.  Landry eats  5 ounces approximately every 3 hours.  She hasn't eaten any cereal or food yet, and I don't see that it is necessary at this point as she is thriving!  She has definitely taken interest in our food this month though...grabbing for our plates and watching our bites.  She is still can be a big spitter-upper, but I think it is worse when I am nursing her than when she takes a bottle because of my crazy fast flow.  
She loves being in the floor to roll around and play with her toys.  Her dexterity has grown so much this month, it was like one day she couldn't grab a toy and the next she was doing as she pleased with it!  I love that she is learning to grab her own passy and attempt to put it back in now!  She is starting to get up and rock on her knees like she is going to crawl and I'm so not ready for all that just yet!!  
Other things she likes: bathtime, her swing when she is worn out (otherwise she is trying to roll/sit up in it), watching Carter play, riding the Ranger (she is so chill!), animals (she loves watching my mom's dog Gizmo run around), giving big open-mouthed kisses, and putting everything in her mouth (including her hands and feet).
Her dislike list is quite short...mainly just having her face/nose wiped and having to wait a minute to eat.


We went in for her four month checkup and shots around halfway through the month.  She weighed 14 pounds 4 ounces and was 23 1/4 inches long, with a head circumference of 15 7/8.  She is on the lower end of the growth charts on all counts, just like big brother always has been.  She was surprisingly a little easier to soothe after the shots this go around, but they seemed to bother her more later in the day, calling for a few doses of Tylenol.  So glad to have another round of shots behind us!

A big first for her was a weekend trip to Memphis.  We drove down on a Saturday morning (around a 3 hour drive) and she did amazing...we just won't mention how awful of a drive it was for her brother!!!  We started by visiting the brand new Bass Pro Shops in the Pyramid where sister just hung out in the stroller and people watched.  Then we checked into our hotel and headed to the Redbird (minor league baseball) game where she took her a nice nap and then just hung out and was such a happy little gal.  I think she even liked the fireworks that went off after the game (Daddy held her ears so it wasn't so loud!).  She slept pretty well in the rock n play in the hotel room and then we headed to the zoo on Mother's Day morning.  Besides having trouble finding a good place to nurse, it was really fun and nice and sister was so good about just riding in the stroller.  I'm so thankful to have babies that make travelling like that doable!

She got her first ear infection right after we returned from Memphis. That Sunday night, she was just cranky in general and I thought it had to do with being worn out/out of sorts from the trip.  But I was soon proven wrong when she barely slept that night and ran a 103 fever.  So I took a sick day on Monday and got her into the doctor for a round of antibiotics.  Thankfully, they kicked in pretty fast and my Memaw stepped up to keep her for the rest of the week so she got extra cuddles and loving.  

Since her ear infection, I have started taking her to the chiropractor with Carter & I.  She has been getting adjusted once a week to get her ear draining better, and I'm crossing my fingers it works out as well for her as it did with her brother.  I guess only time will tell!  She is doing really well with it...I don't even think she has cried once and really doesn't even need her pacifier to soothe her.  I'm also ordering me some Basil essential oil to help keep them away.


We sure love our Landry Kate so much!  She has her daddy wrapped around her little finger, that's for sure!!  I can't believe that we will be halfway to her first birthday the next time I write one of these.

1 comment:

  1. I love that she is a little peanut! And yay for rocking the whole sleep thing!

    ReplyDelete