skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Six Months with Landry
Somehow, my sweet little Landry Kate is halfway to her first birthday! She is such a happy girl, and if I had to choose one word to describe her it would be busy. She is never sitting still, always rolling, scooting, trying to crawl, and working with her hands. I don't remember Carter being near this busy at this age, which scares me since he is such a handful at two and a half! Landry may give us a run for our money!!
She still does lots of rolling. And now she is all but crawling, and I suspect that will come very soon as she is getting really good at getting up on all fours and rocking. She can crawl backwards and occasionally will bring her knees forward like she is supposed to, but for the most part she gets aggravated when she is trying to get to something directly in front of her. Carter has been on the job of trying to teach her!
Because she is so worried about moving around, she hasn't had a lot of interest in sitting up on her own. She can do it for a bit with some help and I figure she will probably get it very soon when she realizes it isn't so bad to sit still for a bit.
She officially has said her first word, "hi", which ironically was Carter's first word around this age as well. She is really starting to try to mimic what we are saying to her, and we are hearing the possible first 'dada' and 'mama's', but of course she has no idea who/what she is talking about. She is also giving us the sweetest, slobberiest open-mouth kisses that melt our hearts!
She went through a major growth spurt this month, with lots of night feedings and extra nursing sessions. We went ahead and upped her bottles to six ounces every three hours while I am away from her to help keep her full. Right at six months, she weighs 15 pounds 15 ounces. She is wearing mainly 3-6 month and 6 month clothes, although her footed jammies are getting tight, and she is in a size 2 diaper, but will soon be moved to a 3!

Thankfully, those middle of the night feedings were during the growth spurt only and she is finally back to sleeping through the night again. Usually she is ready for bed at 8PM, wakes up to nurse around 5/6AM, and will typically go back to sleep until I wake her up to leave for the babysitter during the week. We have also been working on naps with the babysitter and at home and she has shown some major improvement. She usually has a couple of early catnaps and will take a nice, long, hard afternoon nap. Some evenings she will take another catnap right before supper time depending on how her day was. She still naps really well when we are out and about driving in the car. But she has definitely learned how to settle herself down to sleep much better this month when she is put in the crib semi-awake. And she is definitely a belly sleeper!

She has started teething, no doubt, but there is no evidence of a tooth just yet. She ran a fever one day with them and has drooled all over and chewed on everything imaginable. I was supposed to go to Nashville for a night during CMA Fest (was supposed to be my first night away from her!!) and that fever kept me at home because I was worried an ear infection was looming, but thankfully it seems to have just been teething-related. I think the chiropractor visits are really helping with her ears!
One other big incident this month happened when we were eating supper one night around the table. I always put her in her Jumparoo while we eat so she can hang out with us, but still play. Some nights she fusses to be held, but that night she was being so good. I was scarfing down my meal in the mom of two little kids style that I am so used to, taking glances over at her every so often. I turned to look at her and noticed something on the floor. I turned to Brent and said, "PLEASE tell me that is NOT what I think it is?!" But it was! Poop. EVERYWHERE. Right in the middle of our meal. And her little feet were just wiggling around in it. Let's just say my dinner was cut short and bathtime began a little early that night, followed by washing of the floors and a load of laundry! And of course it happened on the night that our cleaning lady had just been there during the day. Thanks, Landry!
A fun first this month was her first dip in the pool. We had hung out by my mom's pool with her several times, but had not gotten her in the water yet up until this month. And we have pretty much done it every single weekend since! She loves the water even when it is pretty cold and gets really chill while in there. And she is way too cute with all her rolls in her little bathing suits! :)
Oh my goodness, she just keeps getting cuter and cuter! I love her smile! Your babes are just adorable! Even with poop explosions!
ReplyDeleteSweet, sweet baby girl!! It's not even fair how quickly they grow... I can only imagine how much faster the time passes with the second!
ReplyDelete