Pages

9.11.2015

Eight Months with Landry

My sweet, sweet Landry Kate turned 8 months old September 1st. My heart is breaking over how quickly she is cruising towards her first birthday.  But she just continues to make our hearts grow and expand with love for her each day, so I guess we will let it be.  She is just a happy, busy little gal that is adored by all of us!
She met so many physical milestones last month, that this month almost seems boring...almost!  She has been perfecting the crawling and pulling up, though...now she is really good at getting up and down as she pleases without hurting herself.  And the little stinker is SO fast!  When she sets her sights on getting something, she is determined to get it and she will find a way to do it.  I even caught her making it up one of our stairs a couple of weeks ago while I was trying to cook supper. 

She has definitely been teething, although she hasn't had any more teeth actually pop through yet.  She still just has the two bottom teeth.  But she has been extra slobbery and whiny a few days and even a little feverish here and there so I know more can't be far off.  She has been making this face where she sucks her lips in when her gums are hurting her and it has to be one of the ugliest faces I have ever seen her make.  Of course, as her momma, I still think it is adorable, but it's a face only a mom could love.  I had to catch it in a picture so I can remember that silly little face!
Thankfully, teething hasn't interrupted nighttime sleep, although I know it has thrown off her napping at the babysitter some.  Her typical schedule (at home) right now is waking up around 6:30 or 7 to nurse, nurse again at around 9:30 and nap for 1-2 hours, eat some baby food for lunch, nurse around 1:30/2 and nap again for another 1-2 hours, nurse at 4:30/5 and catnap depending on how much she slept the rest of the day.  Usually she gets one good nap at the babysitter, so she takes advantage of that late afternoon nap at home and sleeps around an hour while I am cooking supper.  She eats baby food right after we eat and then nurses to sleep around 8.
Bathtime is one of her favorite times!
Breastfeeding is still going great and when I am away from her I am making her around 6 oz bottles.  And as far as baby food goes, she isn't real picky.  The only thing I have found she isn't a fan of is squash.  She is a total diva about textures!  She gags on anything too chunky.  When I first gave her puffs this month, you would have thought I was poisoning her.  Thankfully, she is starting to get used to chewing so we are starting to be able to give her little bits of our food here and there.  I also made her some homemade baby food this month.  So far, I have made apples, sweet potatoes, pears and green peas.  I also tried mashing some avocado for her and she hated it...so unlike her brother at this age!! 
She still isn't saying a lot...just "dada" most of the time and she loves to blow raspberries.  I think she has said "mama" a time or two, mainly when she is crying. :(  She also makes this super silly, almost duck call-sounding laugh with her daddy and Carter man.   It freaks me out because it sounds like she is choking on something.
Lots of Sophie love in this house
Mommy went out of town for a friend's bachelorette party one Saturday night and Daddy kept Landry and Carter all by himself.  Anyone who knows how hard and deep Brent sleeps will understand why this freaked mommy out, but he did great!  They all survived and Daddy was very happy to have Mommy back home. :)  Otherwise, we had a pretty relaxed month, which is more than welcome with kids this age. 


She is her big brother's best little groupie! :)
Little miss really is a joy.  She isn't much of a crier unless she is over tired or hungry or you take something away from her that she really really wanted.  Otherwise, she is typically smiling or playing away.  She is happiest in the floor getting into something...preferably something that is not meant to be a toy like a charger cord or the mail or our shoes if we forget and leave them by the door.  She adores her big brother in a way I could never have imagined.  When she is really excited, she kicks her legs up and down, and big brother gets the most kicks by far!  But she also loves animals.  My Mom & step-dad's dog Gizmo, a Yorkie, is her favorite...her eyes don't leave him if he is in the room!  Landry Kate, we love you and love watching you grow.  But you are welcome to slow down a bit and just be our baby anytime you want! :)

3 comments:

  1. Love that she is moving all over the house and fast! Liam never crawled, so I'll be interested to see what Finn does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so stinking cute! I love her smile in that first photo. Looks like she loves her big brother just like Mim does!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is such a cutie! She looks so proud of herself standing up!!

    ReplyDelete