This was Landry Kate's first Halloween, not that she really got to do much but be cute in her little costume, but still I think she enjoyed it! :) She did get to lick a sucker or two, and she got some Puffs and fun goodies too.
We had to pull out some hand-me-down jammies from Carter, and Carter man could still fit in his from last year! The photoshoot with them was less-than-successful, but they were pretty cute in their jams.
We started the trick-or-treating off early with a fun afternoon at my work a few days before Halloween. All the office kids were able to come and "trick-or-treat" between our offices and it is probably my favorite thing we do at work each year. My co-workers are amazing and make the kids up some goody bags and fun treats. We got enough candy/goodies there that we didn't even need to worry much about actual trick-or-treating when the real day came around!

We had ourselves a little Curious George and a Man in the Yellow Hat. I had bought the monkey costume on clearance at Old Navy for $4 bucks on clearance back when I was pregnant with Carter man, but he never wore it because it was too small for him. So I decided Landry Kate could wear it and I would make Carter a Man in the Yellow Hat costume. (Let me just say that I love that the kids are too small to care what they dress up as yet! Matching costumes for the win!)
The most expensive part of his costume were his boots, but I know he will get use of of them when snow hits! The shirt was a hand-me-down white button up and I sewed the pants out of some leftover white fabric I had laying around. It was definitely a learning experience for me to use the yellow dye on them. And everything else was felt and hot glue. For the hat, I used a cowboy hat form from Michael's and some stiff felt to make the round part stand up. I wish it would have fit him a little better because he was less than thrilled about the elastic around his neck, but we made it work!
We did a little bit of trick-or-treating on Halloween evening, but mainly just hitting up our family's houses and an elderly housing area that we enjoy visiting. We did not participate in our church's trunk or treat this year because we just didn't need all of that candy and I was worried Carter might get freaked out by some of the costumes.
We took them to Brent's family's area last and left them for the night with their Pawpaw and Naynay and ended up getting a much-needed date night and great night of rest.
It actually worked out pretty nice since the time change happened that night...the kids were so exhausted the next night from their grandparent's house that they didn't protest going to bed "an hour early" at all! In fact, I think they actually went down even earlier than that and slept through the night just fine. Maybe I need to remember that next year!



No comments:
Post a Comment