So let's just pretend I'm up to date (I really want to try to go back and post pics from at least the big holidays and our beach vacation this summer at some point), and I'm going to post about Carter's big FIFTH birthday party from yesterday.
His actual birthday was Friday (when I am off work! :)) and we started the day with some yummy donuts with candles and a birthday song. Then we had to run to town to do some grocery shopping for the big birthday party and run some errands. We had lunch at our newly opened remodeled McDonalds and spent some time in the playplace. He opened his gifts from us and Landry that afternoon and, per Carter's request, we met with the grandparents at the local Mexican place for all of the cheese dip he could eat! :)
For his party, he requested an Army theme and a bounce house. Sadly, the weather took a turn for winter for his party and it was freezing! We still had the bounce house, but it didn't get much use this time around.
His aunt Dana pulled through yet again and made his tank cake per his request. It looked cool, but it tasted even better!! :)
Like I said, it was so cold out. Hats and jackets were required!! Of course, most of them didn't even pay it any attention...they just love to jump and slide.
Carter wanted a BBQ meal for his party, so my dad brought us that and I made some baked beans and potato casseroles, along with chips for the kiddos. It was a simple meal, but I have to say it was pretty yummy!
Carter was hilarious with his cake. When we first brought it over to him, he was acting like he was going to eat the gun part. He had everyone laughing.
He was such a little ham during the birthday song. He was being so silly and was even cracking himself up!
After some yummy cake, it was time to tackle the big pile of presents. Our family and friends blew us away with how perfect the things they got him were.
He got lots of good Army gear and toys, some hunting things including a real bow and arrow set, some new shoes, money, and all kinds of other cool stuff.
I would say we had a pretty successful party. I just can't believe our little man is five. Time sure is flying!!


No comments:
Post a Comment