Pages

11.08.2017

Halloween 2017

Well, it looks like the years of having matching/coordinating Halloween costumes is over.  Landry was determined to be a princess this year.  At one point, I had the kids talked into being Beauty and the Beast, but Landry has since moved on and is so over Belle now, so Sleeping Beauty it was for her.  

Carter man picked out a Lego Ninjago costume at Walmart back in September.  But come time to dress up (of course after we had taken all the tags off!) he decided he didn't want to be a Ninjago guy anymore and instead just wanted to wear the Army costume that we already had.  *insert eye roll emoji here*  I was able to convince him to agree to wear one costume to our church trunk or treat one night and the other on the actual night of Halloween.  


Here they are at our church trunk or treat.   The turnout was crazy...we had to wait in line for a long time before we even got to start getting candy.  Thankfully, the sun was out to warm things up while we waited, although it also made getting good pictures very difficult!



Landry is not a people person these days unless she really knows the people, so she was not real into the whole going up to strangers thing.  Although I will say, she started out strong with at least saying "trick or treat".  I think once she realized she really didn't have to say it and that people would give her candy anyways, she decided to keep quiet!


Carter did awesome! The only thing that freaked him out a bit was a little man statue thing that had a plate of candy that was pretty freaky, if I may say so myself!  He would not smile at anyone, though, because that is how Army men roll..they are serious!  :)



We sure racked up on the candy!  As in, we had more than we could have ever possibly wanted by about halfway through, and it wasn't even Halloween yet!  It sure made for some happy kiddos, though!


We went to my mom's, grandma's and dad's house to trick or treat next and eat some supper.  The kids basically ate candy for supper!  Halloween only comes once a year! :)

Then on Halloween day, I left work early to pick the kids up from the babysitter's house and took them back to work with me to be spoiled by my co-workers.  Halloween is the only time we get all of our kids together, so we always have to get a picture and spoil the kiddos really good! :)  


Thankfully, I was able to convince Carter to wear his Ninjago costume, but he was not happy about wearing the mask.  I forced him to wear it for a few pictures (I mean I paid $30 for that silly costume that he had to have) and he was so mad at me.  Landry, however, would not even get in the picture...she was being so shy and silly about it all.  


Neither of the kids would say "trick or treat" or even stop trying to hide from my co-workers who did so amazing getting them the best bags of treats.  I was less than happy with them, to say the least!  So instead of spending the rest of the night trick or treating at the nursing home my mom works at and going door-to-door around town, we called it a night (even though it was barely 5PM!) and headed home with our little stinkers.  


We ate some leftovers and then dumped out all of the candy and the kids ate on it until they had no desire to eat anymore!  It made me laugh how they would ask me to eat each piece and I would say "yes, eat whatever you want...you don't have to ask tonight!" and they would look at me like I had gone all kids of crazy.  This is clearly out of the norm at our house!  

No comments:

Post a Comment