So I know I have been MIA for far too long now...however, I promise I have many reasons for that absence. Number 1: Work....these taxes are killing me! Number 2: Our house has officially sold! We will be moving out this weekend for good! Number 3: All the classes I am taking so I can officially be a CPA. And Number 4, the best reason yet: Baby Smith is on the way! :)
Yep, we found out on Leap Day 2012. But we didn't tell everyone until Easter! So, to keep myself from having to write around that, I guess I just avoided it. But now, it's all out and we are a little over 10 weeks into this pregnancy. So now, I have got to get to documenting this pregnancy because it is already a quarter of the way over! So I will definitely be around from now on, especially once we get settled into our new home.
Now I am going to share the post that I have had saved in my drafts since the day we found out.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our Leap Day started out so well that I wish we had a Leap Day more than once every four years!
Let me start by saying that I took a pregnancy test on Sunday, February 26th, that came back negative. That was four to five days before I was to have a period, so there was still hope for the month, but the negative test got me really down. Brent had been making a church retreat that weekend, so I didn't tell him I had tested until he got home that night because I didn't want to get him down. When I told him, we started talking about the miscarriage and how I was beginning to give up hope and I was such an emotional wreck! I could barely breathe I was crying so much!
Monday was just as bad, if not worse. I seriously think that if someone looked at me the wrong way I would have just broke down into a crying, blubbering mess!
So on Tuesday, February 28th, I thought I had better take another test because while I am normally emotional, I am not a complete wreck! I got up really early to take it, and it looked like another negative. So I went back to bed and later when I got up for work, I went to throw it away and noticed the tiniest, faintest line. I willed myself not to get too excited since it had sat there for a few hours before I noticed it. I thought it was possible that it could be from evaporation. I'm not going to lie though, I was pretty excited!
The next morning, Leap Day, severe storms were rolling through the area and I could barely sleep. So I got up really super early and took another test. I got another faint line, but darker than the day before. I gave in and took a digital and it popped up "Pregnant" in no time! I could hardly contain myself! :)
I woke up Brent and told him the news and we fell back to sleep with smiles on our faces!
We will have our first appointment on Wednesday, March 7th. We are praying with all of our hearts that baby is growing strong and healthy in there. If all is well, we will be having a baby around November 8th, 2012!


That's so exciting! Congrats!!
ReplyDelete