Pages

4.27.2012

The Past Few Weeks...Baby Edition

When we found out we were pregnant, we kept it to ourselves for a few days.  I called to schedule a doctor's appointment right away, and a few days later we told my Mom & Stepdad.   We asked them for all the prayers they could send us and baby for a happy & healthy pregnancy.  

We had our first appointment at around five weeks, and saw the little "dot" that was growing.  It was a relief to see something, but it was too early for the heartbeat, so we scheduled to return a week later.  But even a week later, baby had grown but the heartbeat was still not found on the ultrasound.  So once again we scheduled to return again.





Between that appointment & the next, my morning sickness really set in.  Since I never had that with our first pregnancy, it really gave me confidence that things were going well.  And I was right, at the next appointment we saw our baby's heartbeat going strong and steady, although baby still looked very blob-like.  The nurse practitioner offered for us to come back in two weeks to be sure all was well, but I told her that I was feeling very confident due to the sickness and that we could wait the month as they normally would.  So we scheduled for April 17th, which just so happens to be the last day of tax season this year!  We also told the rest of our parents after that appointment.


I continued to feel sick.  I didn't actually throw up many times, but I just mainly had no appetite whatsoever.  Brushing my teeth has become a gagfest.  Meat was absolutely not an option for me for nearly a month, and I still can't eat much of it.  Ramen noodles has been a staple item in my pantry, along with goldfish crackers!  At this point, at nearly 12 weeks, I am down ten pounds!  I couldn't lose that weight if I was dieting & exercising, so that is a pretty big deal for me.  People have been commenting asking if I have lost, and it makes me feel so guilty!  I really hope my appetite kicks in soon.

A couple of weeks ago, when we were moving out of our old house into our new home, I started having some spotting.  This worried me terribly, so I called the doctor and they had me come in about a week early for my appointment so they could check things out.  We had an ultrasound first, and baby was just wiggling around in there like nothing was going on!  We heard the heartbeat again, then our ultrasound tech did it in 3D and it was the coolest thing I have ever seen!  Our baby had little arms and legs and a nose.  Compared to the dot we had seen a few weeks prior, baby had done a lot of growing and developing.  We were so proud!


The doctor just told me to take it easy and not to do any heavy lifting.  Of course, this isn't easy when you are trying to move, but we thankfully had lots of help from our families so we were able to get it done.  (I will share more on that in another post!)  We are scheduled to go back in toda.

I will share our Easter story soon, complete with a video from when we told my little sisters!

1 comment: