Pages

2.23.2012

Life Right Now

Since tax returns are taking up the majority of my time right now, I haven't had much time to update on what has been going on outside of work.  Hold on tight...I have to go back pretty far to catch up on everything!


-So I left off after the trip to Atlanta to see Gigi.  Well, on my way home, Brent said that he wanted to take me out on a date that night for Valentine's since he was going to be at school on the actual holiday.  Of course, I didn't object! :)  So I got home and got all fixed up for a night out, but didn't ask any questions about where we were going or what we would be doing.  On the way to town, he asked me if we should "get our tickets before or after we eat".  I asked him what the tickets were for, and he smiled and said "to see your movie!" My movie=The Vow since I had hinted at that for weeks!  Anyways, our date was perfect!  We had a nice dinner and really enjoyed the movie. In all, our date was perfect and we felt like teenagers again since I hadn't seen him all weekend and he was taking me out on the town!


-This past weekend, ESPN hosted a bracketbuster game at my alma mater, Murray State University.  Saint Mary's team came all the way from California to little old Murray, KY to play a game of basketball.  And Dick Vitale came to announce it!  Brent & I and his family had tickets for that game almost a month in advance before we even knew who the opponent would be, so we ended up with pretty good seats. It was such a fun game to go to because everyone was really hyped up about it and had signs and body paint and t shirts made up and all kinds of fun stuff.  Murray ended up winning by a pretty big margin, so that, of course, made it even better!
Having so much fun!
-The house sale seems to be making progress, but very sloooooowly for sure!  They finally had it inspected this Monday, and we are assuming all was well because we found this note from the inspector:
We had used him to inspect before we moved in,
 so he saw before & after!
-We have also begun the application process to get a mortgage for my parent's house that we are buying, and it looks like there will be no problems with that.  So, we are just waiting for the appraisal and closing from our buyers so we can finish up!


-Our sweet baby Bella is enjoying her last few weeks as an indoor doggie.  We love her so much, but she sheds like crazy and is just so wild like a puppy even at five years old!  We don't want her to get used to being an inside dog at the new house so when we have kids she won't get kicked to the curb all of the sudden.  She loves to lick, too, and I just couldn't have that on a baby's face/hands/toys.  So, out she will go, but it is definitely going to be hard on all of us!
Baby girl loves her toys!
-Lent started yesterday on Ash Wednesday, and this year I will be doing the same thing as last year.  I am giving up the radio in the mornings on my 30 min+ drive to work.  I will pray for about 15 minutes with no radio, and after that I will listen to Christian music.  Brent & I also have a little devotional book for Lent that we will be reading each night before bed.  I thought about giving up all drinks but water, but the only thing I really drink is sweet tea, and even that isn't something that I have to have.  I just don't think that would really make any difference in the Lenten season. Brent is attending a retreat at church this weekend as part of his Lenten sacrifice.  It will be for the entire weekend, so I am definitely sacrificing too, but I am so incredibly happy he is doing it!

3 comments:

  1. How fun!! I already know what you thought of The Vow ;)

    I downloaded the Bible app on my iPhone and started a Lent devotional reading plan, and I'm giving up chocolate! :S Wish me luck! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey love, I hope life is going well...I'm sure you're super busy! Just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a blog award...let me know if you want to play along!

    http://chroniclesofadime.blogspot.com/2012/03/sunshine-award.html

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl! I know tax time is super crazy.... hope you are surviving! I'm so excited to be following your blog and read more about you once life slows down a bit :)

    ReplyDelete