Since the last time I posted was the end of February and it is now the beginning of May, I have a lot of catching up to do!
-Brent is a huge UK basketball fan! So most of March was spent watching the NCAA tournament games. It also turned out that my old college, Murray State University, which is located about 30-45 minutes away from our home, made it into the tournament this year. When we realized UK and Murray would both be playing in Louisville back to back in tournament games, we knew we had to be there! The time between when we realized that one ticket would allow us to see both of our teams to the time we had paid for and ordered them was maybe thirty minutes! It was totally spur of the moment, but I'm so glad we went for it!
The game was on St. Patrick's Day up in Louisville. Brent & I, along with Brent's dad and sister, made the trip up that morning. We got there pretty early to pick up our tickets, so we killed some time shopping and eating. When we headed to the Yum! Center, it was amazing to see the sea of blue that had taken over! UK fans were everywhere! But what was surprising was the number of Murray fans. We really had a good crowd of fans to cheer on our Racers.
Murray played first against Marquette. Marquette played awesome, and we just couldn't stay with them at the end of the game. I can't even describe how upset we were when they lost. I was ready to pack up and go home, forget UK! But, of course, Brent's & his dad wouldn't have gone for that. UK played Iowa State, and pulled ahead very early. UK went on to win the national championship, so it is neat to say we got to see them play!
-Brent is a huge UK basketball fan! So most of March was spent watching the NCAA tournament games. It also turned out that my old college, Murray State University, which is located about 30-45 minutes away from our home, made it into the tournament this year. When we realized UK and Murray would both be playing in Louisville back to back in tournament games, we knew we had to be there! The time between when we realized that one ticket would allow us to see both of our teams to the time we had paid for and ordered them was maybe thirty minutes! It was totally spur of the moment, but I'm so glad we went for it!
The game was on St. Patrick's Day up in Louisville. Brent & I, along with Brent's dad and sister, made the trip up that morning. We got there pretty early to pick up our tickets, so we killed some time shopping and eating. When we headed to the Yum! Center, it was amazing to see the sea of blue that had taken over! UK fans were everywhere! But what was surprising was the number of Murray fans. We really had a good crowd of fans to cheer on our Racers.
Murray played first against Marquette. Marquette played awesome, and we just couldn't stay with them at the end of the game. I can't even describe how upset we were when they lost. I was ready to pack up and go home, forget UK! But, of course, Brent's & his dad wouldn't have gone for that. UK played Iowa State, and pulled ahead very early. UK went on to win the national championship, so it is neat to say we got to see them play!
-We finally sold the house! It ended up going to the same people that tried to buy it all along, it just took them four banks to be able to get the mortgage. We couldn't pack since things were so unsure all along, so we ended up actually closing first and having two weeks after to get out. We didn't even know things were looking good until two days prior to closing! April 4th was our closing date, and about a week and a half later we were completely out.
-We moved my parent's of their home one weekend, and the next we moved in. We got settled in the best we could, but I haven't had much energy to tackle the stuff that isn't all that important. My grandmothers and mom have been so good and have been painting the house for me. There's no way I could find the energy to do that! But we are absolutely loving living there! We officially closed on buying it on Monday, April 30th.
-After we moved in, we got a new family member. Brent's sister & brother-in-law had a beagle that showed up at their house that they just didn't want. Bella needed a friend since she is now an outside dog, so we adopted him. His name is Hammer and he is such a little cutie! :) Him & Bella are best friends and keep each other such good company.
-After we moved in, we got a new family member. Brent's sister & brother-in-law had a beagle that showed up at their house that they just didn't want. Bella needed a friend since she is now an outside dog, so we adopted him. His name is Hammer and he is such a little cutie! :) Him & Bella are best friends and keep each other such good company.
Here is a video of the two of them playing away one morning!
-Tax season officially ended on Tuesday, April 17th this year! I was so happy to see it over. Working all those extra hours on top of moving and just being pregnant, sick and tired was so overwhelming! From now until the end of the year, I only work a four-day week and get my Friday's off! :)
-I finished up my online classes over the weekend by writing a paper. Now I only need 6 more college hours (2 classes), which I will take in June/July. Then I will officially be a CPA, just in time for baby!




Yaaay for finally being a CPA!! Sounds like you've been a busy girl :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats again on the bun in the oven!! xoxo