We had a really great weekend. Brent's birthday was Thursday, so we kicked the weekend off early with a birthday dinner at my mom & step-dads that night. She fixed a Mexican meal (Brent's favorite) and we spent some time out back on the deck by the pool. My sister Claire had Carter for awhile and handed him back off to my mom. Carter was whining and trying to get out of her arms and we couldn't figure out what was going on.
It turned out that Claire had let Carter dip his toes in the pool for a second and he was just wanting to get them back in there! So we spent a good thirty minutes just dangling him over the water letting him splash and play. When one person's arms got tired, we would just pass him to the next. When we were ready to leave, we just had to get the pool out of his sight before he gave up on trying to get those toes back in there!
![]() |
| Love from Aunt Raylee Kate |
Since Carter seemed to love the water so much, I decided to spend my Friday off at the pool with my sisters and Carter man. Carter absolutely LOVED the water...I definitely got my water baby! Since the last time we were only able to dip his little toes in the water, we were so happy to see that he loved getting down in the water and splashing around. The water was still a little cool, but it didn't phase him a bit! He got a little freaked out by being put in a float, so we just held him and let him do his thing.
On Saturday, we spent the day with daddy. We went out to eat lunch and did a little shopping. Then we spent the night relaxing at home. We took our dog Bella for a swim in the pond out back, and she was a happy girl!
Sunday was a busy day around our house. It was Brent's first Father's Day and we, of course, needed to celebrate all of the other dads in our lives. Plus, we were the Godparents of baby Brayden (whose birth I wrote about here) who was Baptized after Mass. We were so happy they chose us and we are going to try our best to be good Christian role models for Brayden. It was funny because he was getting hungry during the Baptism so he was fussing and ended up taking a bottle while we were finishing up...I guess it is a Smith family trait to be very demanding when hungry!
![]() |
| From Instagram (username whitnsmith) |
After the Baptism, we got a few good pictures. I had to get one of Brent and Carter on their first Father's Day together. I wish I could catch some of his sweet smiles on camera, but it is so hard to get him to look at the camera and smile at the same time! And most of the time he is too busy to stop and look at the camera, like in the picture on the right, which is of Brent's cousins he grew up very close with and both of their kids. Eric, on the far left, also has a new baby on the way in early December, which means Christmas this year should be fun!
After the Baptism, we headed home and Brent grilled some burgers and hot dogs for lunch with his dad & mom and my dad and step-mom. Carter took a good nap while we cooked/ate and woke up just in time to play. Then, we decided to head back to the pool to visit my step-dad and spend some time with that side of the family. Plus, Brent really wanted to see Carter loving the pool!
I know you can't tell by the pictures, but Carter definitely followed through and showed his Daddy just how much he loves the pool! He spent over an hour and a half in the pool, just splashing and kicking and paddling! He doesn't mind water being splashed in his face at all! He just closes his eyes and keeps on going. And we even put him in two floats and he was just as happy as can be...which makes me even more excited about the beach trip we are taking in a few weeks! :)
Overall, I'd say we had a great weekend, even if we were busy busy! Any time spent by the pool is good in my book. And I have to say, Brent & I each have been blessed with good dads to celebrate...and I even get a bonus step-dad who has been there for me since I was just a little girl and has treated me as his own. Brent has also turned into a great daddy himself! So thankful for all the dads in my life.









No comments:
Post a Comment