Whew! Life has been so busy lately. I'm going to try to take a second to document what all is going on these days!!
-Brent was laid off at the end of the day last Friday, but when he went to sign the union books so he would be called back out when another job came up, he was immediately redirected to another job starting this past Monday. That job just so happens to be working at least 6 days a week and 10 hours a day. Except since they are going to have a long weekend off for July 4th, they had to work Sunday (yesterday) and this coming Sunday as well! :( And they are saying he will likely be working this job until Christmas.
As thankful as I am for him to be working, it is really exhausting to be a single mom all weekend and every morning & afternoon. This puts all babysitter drop off and pick ups on me..leaving no time for grocery or bank stops at all. And it makes my weekends so unproductive! I can't get much of anything done...I used to have Brent around to keep Carter entertained so I could do some housework or run errands. But now, it's just us two until Daddy gets home around 6..and when he gets home he is hungry and tired. I'm trying to stay positive and hope that we will get to be a family again with some time together, but it's rough knowing we have only made it through one week and I already feel like I might not make it!
I have tried to keep Carter and myself busy. We went shopping on our own on Saturday. It actually went pretty well...it is just so much work getting a baby and stroller in and out of a hot car all day! I was able to feed him some bananas and a bottle in a busy Chick-fil-a all on my own...I was so proud! We went to church on our own too, but I feel like it was so not worth it...I can't even remember what the readings were or who read them or even what the sermon was about (even though I remember thinking it was really good when he was giving it!). I'm not sure if I can wrestle Carter through church many more times on my own, we may just have to find a good TV church to attend for awhile! Then on Sunday afternoon, I took him to my mom's to swim, which he loved of course!
-Thankfully, we have a beach wedding for our friends (which means a built-in vacation) on the horizon that we will both take a week off from work for (it's right after the long weekend from the 4th, too, so we get about a week and a half!). We are going to enjoy it even more now! I should probably go ahead and start packing...I know traveling with a baby should be interesting! Both Brent's parents and mine as well will be making the trip with us, so hopefully we will get a little bit of relaxation in.
-In the mean time, we are starting to get some fresh veggies from our first garden in. We have gotten tons of fresh lettuce and are now starting to get lots of squash and cucumbers. I'm going to attempt to make Carter some baby food out of the squash...I'll have to see how that goes! :)
-I am also working on decorating my new office. The previous owner of the CPA firm I work for retired, so now that we have a new owner, we have moved into town, making my drive to work under 15 minutes and about 5 minutes from Carter's babysitter's house. It's been so nice to be able to go grab something out for lunch or to grab some groceries real quick! I'm working on personalizing my office...going to try a few DIY projects from Pinterest if I ever get time to work on them!
-Don't worry! Carter has been a busy little bee too! He is crawling, even if it's not pretty! He just does a leap and then pulls his legs back in most of the time. But he is definitely very mobile these days! And he is also starting to wave his hand when we say bye bye and he has said "mama' and "dada". He is even starting to pick up his Puffs and put them in his mouth on his own. I just can't believe how much he learns everyday!




Busy busy! I'm excited for you guys to go on that beach vacay! I'd love to go back to the beach for a wedding. My best friend is getting married in September and I've been begging her to reconsider the big church wedding here and do a destination wedding!
ReplyDelete