Pages

12.06.2013

Catching Up with Five on Friday

It's been going on a month since I have posted.  Between the business of taking care of my little guy and our house mostly on my own while Brent is working 7 12 hour shifts, trying to get caught up at work myself, Thanksgiving, and getting ready for Christmas, I have just been too busy to take a second out to write.  I'm working on Carter's 13 month post and a Thanksgiving recap too!

For now, I'm just going to do a little update on the things going on around here.

1) Today our little family had a snow day!  Yes, even daddy! :)  He got the weekend off in anticipation of the snow and ice that were headed our way.  I was actually supposed to go to a tax update class to get my CPE, but travelling these roads was just too risky for that.  So all three of us just stayed around the house and watched the ice and snow come down all day!  I have been tackling a few things on my to do list--the laundry, making some chex mix, addressing our Christmas cards, and working on our Christmas chalkboard.  I have been loving this pin on Pinterest and finally got the time to try it out!


2) Unfortunately, earlier this week I had to take Carter in to the doctor for yet another ear infection.  :(  We will likely be looking into getting tubes if he has another in the next few months.  He is also working on some more teeth...it looks like the first molars on the top are about halfway through and others look not too far behind.  I swear if we can ever get his teeth all in we will be alright!  Every round seems to bring another ear infection. Anyways, we got an antibiotic and then Carter went to work with me a bit so I could try to wrap some things up there.  He just caught up on a little Journal of Accountancy and told me exactly how to do my tax projections! 


3) It also seems we have a little walker now!  He has technically been able to walk for quite some time now, but he is finally choosing to walk these days much more often.  I can't seem to catch it on video because he does his best when we are not really encouraging him.  If he is just playing on his own and takes off across the room, he doesn't get so excited and usually can make it all of the way!  

4) And with more mobility comes more messes!  I have gotten sick of having to pick up the contents of every cabinet/drawer in my kitchen every time I turn around, so I ordered these cabinet locks and they are on Brent's list of things to do this weekend.  He's really excited about that!  I will just have to bring him an unending supply of beer and maybe we can get them all on.  If you hear lots of curse words coming from our house, I'm sure they are the cause!

Into Everything!!
5) Last, I just have to mention how excited I am about all of our Christmas decor around the house.  I was totally dreading putting it all out with my little man running around messing with everything.  But we went ahead and put it all out on Black Friday/Saturday and he has done amazing!  Not that he doesn't try to touch it every now and then, but he really hasn't been too bad with it.  He has yet to even notice the presents under it either!  I'm in love with my new tree skirt and stockings.  So much so, I went ahead and ordered a few extra stockings for future baby Smith's! :)  I will try to take some more pictures of all the decor within the next few weeks and do a little home tour.




2 comments:

  1. Ear infections stink! My daughter had so many we had to have tubes put into her ears. Totally worth it since she hasn't been sick since! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, sorry about all of the ear infections! Hopefully the tubes will help him to feel better! My daughter just started walking but usually chooses not to...I guess crawling is just more convenient!

    ReplyDelete