One of them is right around the corner. Brent and I are taking off work tomorrow and Friday and going to Louisville for a couple of nights. We are going to a couple of concerts and are going to be able to shop and sleep in and eat our meals in peace while they are hot!! Obviously, Carter is staying with my parents or none of the above would be possible. :) We sure are going to miss our little man, but we so need a little break from all responsibility. We can't wait!
Also, I'm sure missing being on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and am so glad that Easter is right around the corner so I can invite them back into my life. It has been a true sacrifice for me (although I hate to admit that!) and it has been really good for me. But I feel like I'm missing out on so much!
Other things that have been going on around the Smith house includes lots of projects. Every spring we get together a list of things we want to accomplish (usually house related) by the end of summer/fall. Last year, this didn't really happen with a 6 month old...but this year we are back at it! I have been working on our master bedroom and bathroom since January...but since work has been so wild between the both of us, I hadn't made it far. My mom helped me paint one weekend, but since then I had pretty much stalled out. But I am back at it again...working on staining some tile and about to hang things on the walls! I'm hoping to show it all off soon.
Also on the list was painting the shutters. Brent got this job...and he is thrilled with it..especially when he takes one down and the wasps swarm him!! ;) But it is really making a big difference on the appearance of our house and I'm so excited to be taking them from the old faded burgundy color to a fresh gray. I'm also hoping to update the door this summer...jury is out on whether that will entail an entirely new door or just a fresh coat of paint for the time being.
And our little Carter man is just growing and learning by the second! We are blown away everyday with his observations and new words. His favorite word right now? "Ride"...meaning "take me on a Ranger ride" and he repeats it over and over a million times until you give in! We have to keep the garage shut up tight so he doesn't see it or he will absolutely DEMAND to ride and there is pretty much no getting around it.
![]() |
| He spotted the Ranger out the window one morning before work and couldn't take his eyes off of it!! He made a mad dash for it before we left too. |



Hope you guys have an awesome mini vacation!!
ReplyDeleteWelcome back to your life! :) I'm not an accountant, but my busy time of work coincides with tax season, so I'm in the same boat as you...finally able to leave work at a decent hour and spend some quality time with the family. Thank goodness!
ReplyDelete