Then on Thursday morning, we packed up and dropped him off at the babysitters before we headed out of town. We made it to Louisville around 3PM and after checking into the hotel we walked next door to Hooter's for a snack and some drinks. Since this was really our lunch, we were planning to eat again downtown just before the concert but we ended up taking a nap in the room and by the time we got ready and downtown it was concert time and we weren't hungry anyways!
The concert was for Aaron Lewis, the lead singer from Staind (remember "It's Been Awhile"?) now on his own playing some country. It was awesome! He isn't much of an entertainer...he even said once during his concert that he didn't know what we expected from him because he wasn't going to shake it like some of those other country artists! But the boy can sing; I think he could sing anything he wanted! He performed some of his own music and some of others, where he pretty much blew the original out of the water.
We were lame and went back to the hotel after the concert. I guess when you are used to having a toddler and going to bed by 9PM you just can't hang!
Then on Friday we went shopping. Brent was awesome and let me look around the mall and Target for a long time (for him anyways!) and I was awesome and let him check out Cabela's and Bass Pro Shops. We stopped for lunch at The Cheesecake Factory and had some fried mac n cheese that was to die for. It was a pretty perfect day. We definitely were missing our little man though...we bought him a ton and kept on saying "Carter would love this," especially at Bass Pro/Cabelas.
That night we headed downtown and ate at the Troll Pub, which was a really cool place. I guess I should mention that prior to the trip, Brent and I subbed in our Good Friday on Wednesday and fasted and abstained from meat to fulfill our obligations. That way we were able to still enjoy our trip! It may be cheating a bit, but Brent and I haven't been out of town like this since Carter was born, so I felt like it was kind of worth it!
Then we met up with my cousin Madison and some of her friends and sisters and headed into the Brantley Gilbert/Thomas Rhett/Eric Paslay concert. They tried to take Brent's pocket knife at the door, which really pissed him off, so that was a great start. (I mean seriously, it was a country concert...how many of the guys there do you think really didn't carry pocket knives!?!) But the music was great...even better than I had figured it would be. Besides having a very cold beer spilled down my back by the guy behind us, it was a lot of fun!
Afterwards, we went out on 4th street to celebrate my cousin Madison passing her boards for Occupational Therapy. I was even convinced to ride the bull in one of the bars! (And yes, I'm still sore!) Since we stayed out late, we were actually able to sleep in a bit the next morning before heading back home to see our sweet boy's face!
When we got home, we spent the day outside with our little man enjoying the warm weather. It was beautiful!! I snapped some of the sweetest pictures of him on my iPhone while his Daddy was sliding him down the slide and pushing him on the swing.
Then, that night, we had supper with my dad and step-mom. Brent and I attended the Easter vigil Mass at church since my step-mom Ann was joining our church. My little sister Claire came over to put Carter to sleep for us so we could attend, because there was no way Carter would have sat through a two hour Mass at that time of night!
Easter Day is up next.







Sounds like you had so much fun on your getaway! I'm sure it was much needed after tax season. Looks like you guys are doing great!
ReplyDelete