You can see the original shutter color (the rusty red color) still on the top shutter in these pictures. I took several since I was trying to be sure the grey would work with our roof!
And then one where all of the shutters are painted!
Then it was on to the front door. I had originally thought we would just get a new front door because Brent and I both wanted a wood finish look. But the more I looked into prices of what we would want (three to four thousand!!) and considered the fact that the afternoon sun hits that door directly and fades out any type of wood finish over time, we looked into just replacing the glass and giving it a fresh coat of paint. I was able to order the glass from a local store for just over $600. I went with a very simple look so it will hopefully not be "out of style" in a couple of years!
It took several weeks to come in, and when it finally did, we were tired of waiting on it enough that Brent and his cousin Layne just went ahead and installed it themselves even though we had originally planned on having someone do that for us! Thankfully, it took them maybe 30 minutes and went really well. We also replaced the door handle and got rid of the gold kickplate. It took me awhile to get used to the bright red, but now I love it!
We also painted the interior of the door (which was an oak finish) with a bright, clean white. We have so much oak in our flooring and stairs that it was just too much! You can see in my pregnancy announcement pic below.
Next, we just had to replace the porch lighting and the outdoors update was complete! (Although, our porch could really use a staining...but that will likely come when it cools off some more!)
Then we took the rest of the gold out of the living room from the light fixtures and door handles and the fireplace. Brent did awesome with painting the fireplace with a high heat black paint that will be safe being right in front of our gas logs. I was so glad to see all of that 90's gold get out of there! There is a before picture of the fireplace in this post.
My master bed and bath were updated as well, but there are still a few finishing touches I want to make before I share them! And then of course, we will have a new nursery and big boy bedroom to share before long!











No comments:
Post a Comment