How far along? 28 weeks! I can tell I'm hitting that third trimester just because of how big I feel sometimes! When I sit in the floor with Carter to play, it is SO uncomfortable and that may not be able to keep on happening much longer. :(
Total weight gain/loss: I think 15-20 pounds, but I'm not keeping up with it very closely this time around!
Maternity clothes? Pretty much all I wear besides my loose fitting/stretchy clothing from before (dresses, tunics, leggings, sweats).
Stretch marks? Yes...unfortunately.
Sleep: Sleeping pretty good most of the time. Sometimes I wake up to use the bathroom and can't get back to sleep very easily, so I end up playing around on my phone to pass the time. A few weird dreams the past week: one where I was waiting on my water to break (hoping this actually happens since I was induced with Carter & my water broke in the hospital) and another where I had to get a C-section with no pain meds and I was watching them cut into my belly (Obviously more of a nightmare!!). I guess my body is preparing me for labor?
Best moment this week: Passing the glucose test and getting baby girl's bedding put in the crib! Now that we have moved Carter up to his big boy room, I have been able to really go through her stuff and get her clothes organized and put away. It's been so fun to go through all of the pink and frilly clothes! :)
Miss Anything? Being able to easily bend over and sit and the floor.
Movement: Baby girl has really been active lately, or maybe I just feel her more because her movements are much stronger now? She has moved up closer to my ribs at this point and it is much more comfortable than where she was hanging out super low before!
Food cravings: Nothing in specific, but I can tell I am much more drawn to sweets than normal. I baked cookies last weekend and I couldn't stay away until the last one was gone...not good!
Anything making you queasy or sick: No.
Gender: A sweet baby girl! She officially has a name and her monogram has been ordered on several things now, so there's no going back now! :) I will reveal it here closer to time.
Labor Signs: Nothing yet, thank goodness!
Belly Button in or out? In, but it isn't far from being flat now.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Mood: I'm getting really excited as it is starting to feel so, so real that we will soon be bringing home a baby sister for Carter man!
Looking forward to: Our big 3D ultrasound tomorrow!! :) Getting baby girl's room painted and working on the finishing touches. Carter's 2nd birthday party...only about a week away now! We have lots of projects to finish before then, so it will be nice when it is behind us.
![]() |
| A sneak peek at the crib and a sample of a paint color I'm considering! |
![]() |
| Drawers full of pretty little girl things! :) |





Oh yay! I'm so excited for you guys! So happy that you're getting a baby girl! One of each is just perfection! Glad to hear you passed the glucose test. That one sucks. Cheers to all things pretty and girly!
ReplyDeleteYou are still looking fabulous! I just love a big baby bump!
ReplyDelete