Pages

10.10.2014

5 on Friday

Here's five random updates on what has been going on around the Smith house for Friday. I'm going to try to do better at updating the blog as things are happening instead of trying to remember a month at a time for Carter's monthly updates, and this seemed like a good way to do it!   
1. Carter's big boy room is pretty well done.  Of course, there are a few decor type things to go and some organizing to do, but the main stuff is off the list!  It has been lovingly referred to as "Daddy's mess" for quite some time now (like when he ripped up all of the carpet and there was sheet rock dust everywhere), but now it is pretty nice looking!   It still gets called the "mess" though by a certain little boy!  We think it's kinda cute though.  :)  

Just a little sneak peek!
Little man loves talking about his "tractor bed" and kissing them and counting them so much.  We attempted a first night of sleep in there last Saturday night and he did pretty well with it.  He wasn't real excited about us leaving him in the room alone, but he fell asleep pretty well and when he woke up on Sunday morning he called for me over the monitor.  "Mommy? All done!"  This is exactly what I was hoping for since his room is upstairs.  There is a gate up there, but it still scares me!  Sunday night he went to sleep pretty well up there too, but he woke up around 2AM and I found him in the floor by the bed crying!  I don't know if he fell out or climbed out and then kind of freaked out?  But he was ready to be "up" for the day and no matter how long I tried to lay with him and then sneak out, he was not having it.  So I asked if he wanted the crib instead.  He did, and he has requested the crib every night since then!  I'm not trying to push the big boy bed on him, but I know he can do it and wish he would just go for it.  Hoping for some luck with it this weekend!

First wake up in the big boy bed!!
2. I finally tackled doing a collage wall in the main downstairs hallway that I had been putting off forever because I was scared of committing.  I had been collecting pieces and was finally feeling like I was ready so I just jumped in and went for it.  I used Julie's method of tracing each frame/hanging and then taping them to the wall before I asked Brent to come in with the tools and start actually hanging.  Then, once it was all how I wanted it, he was able to come hang everything with very little help or input from me!  He says I now have to use this method from now on...so apparently he liked it too!  And I love how the wall turned out...I'm ready to collage another wall now.

3. Brent and I are officially chalk painting machines.  We did Carter's bedroom suite and are working on finishing our "new" dining room table, chairs, and benches.  I would also like to do an end table for our living room.  I'm pretty worn out from all of the painting, sanding, and waxing, but it is all turning out so pretty that it gives me motivation to finish!  I can't wait to share a final picture when it is all completed...just in time for someone's big second birthday!

After chair on the left and a before on the right!
4. And I have officially gotten going on my Christmas shopping this year.  I could very well be delivering a baby on or before Christmas this year and the last thing I want to be doing in those last few days before her arrival is worrying about shopping for those last few hard-to-shop-for gifts and then trying to wrap them with a huge belly in my way!  I'm starting to cross some things off and it feels amazing!

5. Speaking of the little girl that will be arriving in under 3 months, she finally officially has a name!  I'm not quite ready to share here yet since some of our family and friends don't know, but I feel certain about it now and we are trying to call her by name all of the time instead of constantly "baby sissy."  My favorite is when Carter says it and also when her Daddy talks to her at night and she gets all wound up at the sound of his voice.  My heart just melts!  I can't wait to meet this little missy!  
Cuddles on baby sissy to watch some Mickey!
Linking up with my Five on Friday to A.Liz Adventures, Carolina Charm, Hello! Happiness, and The Good Life Blog.

2 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the link-up. We're trying to make the transition to a "big girl" room now too! And we have baby #2 due December 18th. I've been going back and forth on whether to move Gracyn before the baby is born or not - I'm just not sure how she'll handle the change! Best of luck to you guys - Carter is a cutie! :)

    ReplyDelete