Pages

9.12.2011

Negative :(

Well, I pulled out a pregnancy test yesterday morning.  While waiting for the results, I was reading the instructions (smart to read them after taking it, I know) and realized the box practically tells a lie.  It says "find out five days sooner" which according to the instructions would actually be four days before your missed period.  Talk about false advertising! 


Anyways, it came back negative.  And according to the instructions, (which are now my handy guidebook) even if I tested four days before it only has around a 50% chance of detecting pregnancy.  So I'm just going to wait until at least Wednesday until I pull out another one.  


The negative test completely ruined my Sunday.  I was so upset because I feel like we did everything we could've to get pregnant and getting a negative really makes me worry about fertility problems (I know, it's the first month but it's still scary!).  I felt so bad because I know how terribly bad Brent has been wanting this, and he had to keep reassuring me that I was all he needed.  I'm so thankful he is such a good husband!  


Well as the day went on, I began feeling really nauseous.  I got a bit excited hoping for "morning sickness" (funny that I want to be sick, huh?) and realized I had probably just gotten myself all worked up from worrying about the negative.  But this morning I have felt a bit nauseous as well, so maybe that wasn't it.   


I still have hope that I will test positive later in the week, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up so high again.  Hopefully I will have some good news to report!

No comments:

Post a Comment