Pages

10.25.2011

Five Weeks?

I am going to try to keep up with a post every couple weeks about the pregnancy.  Hopefully I can stay on top of it and remember to take pictures of my growing belly each time.

According to several online due date calculators, we are due 6/24/12, and I am five weeks and two days.  We will know for sure when we go to the doctor on Friday.

Here is my first belly pic, you have to start somewhere right?

Five Weeks?
Things have still felt pretty normal.  Some nausea, but nothing too far out of the ordinary. I did have to go to sleep last night before the end of the World Series game because I just couldn't keep my eyes open. The Cardinals lost anyways, so I'm glad I got some sleep instead of watching them lose!  Then I couldn't get out of bed this morning, I just kept hitting snooze over and over.  I really need some energy!

Brent & I are really looking forward to going to the doctor on Friday.  We hope we get to see the baby and we are really praying to hear the heartbeat.  We think we are going to go ahead and tell our parents at that point, we are just hoping they can keep their mouths shut!  Then we will tell the rest of our family & friends at Thanksgiving, around nine to ten weeks.

I really wouldn't mind going ahead and telling everyone after we hear the heartbeat because I think losing a baby inside the womb is losing a life just like losing one outside, and that life should still be celebrated and remembered just like any other.  But, I don't feel that I am strong enough to deal with people asking me about the baby or giving me their sympathy if something were to happen.  I am such an emotional person!

So we are hoping to stick with the plan, but after we see/hear our baby for the first time those plans may change! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment