Pages

10.10.2011

PCB 2011

On the week the schools were out for fall break (Oct 1-8), a big group of us headed down to Panama City Beach, Florida for a week on the beach.  Brent & I stayed in a condo with my Mom, Cindy, my Step-dad, Steven, and my sisters, Claire, almost 13, and Raylee, 10.  We left on Friday night, and I stayed up most of the night with Steven, who was driving.  We finally made it to our condo around 10AM and headed straight for the beach.  It was a little chilly the first morning, but once the sun popped out, it warmed up in no time.  


We spent the entire day out on the beach, and I snuck in a few short naps here and there (remember I was going on very little sleep from the drive down).  We ordered pizza in our condo and then Mom & I headed to the grocery to stock up for the week.  The lack of sleep was really starting to kick in and I hit the sack as soon as we got our groceries put away.

Brent & I on the beach.  He wore his silly UK hat all week long!
On Sunday we slept in and headed to the beach for another full day of the sand and the sun.  We had tacos in our condo that night so we didn't have to get ready so early.  We headed to Coyote Ugly across the street later with everyone after the Cardinals game. (Sidenote: It was kind of funny because we planned our week around the Cardinals games.  They made the Playoffs and were playing the Phillies all week. I'm glad we did, because it turns out now that they are headed to the World Series tonight!)  The PCB Coyote Ugly was quite the experience, much trashier than the Nashville version! 



Chris & Brent hanging out on the Beach.  You can tell how bad of a
job I did spraying his sunscreen the day before!
Monday was Bailey, my not so little anymore cousin's Sweet Sixteenth Birthday!  We had a fun day on the beach followed by a group dinner at Pineapple Willy's.  Keep in mind our group was about 75 people, so we were worried it would be a disaster.  But they did wonderfully, as they had our tables reserved and got our food and drinks out in no time.  We got group pictures at Pineapple Willies, but they were actual photos, so hopefully I can get my hands on one of those at some point.  But for now, here is a picture of the whole group on the beach one day.  I think Brent & I were on the right side somewhere towards the end, but I can't seem to find our faces!


The Whole Group
Tuesday & Wednesday were kind of a blur.  Both days were spent on the beach, but one day all the girls (besides me) went shopping.  I just couldn't give up a gorgeous day on the beach to shop, which I could do at home!  One of those days we decided to make a pyramid.  It was quite the adventure, as most everyone had been drinking!


Top Row: Clint & Corey
Second Row: Me, Jill & Ellen K
Third Row: Stacy, Cindy, Adrian, Kelli & Whitney
Bottom Row: Robert, Russell, Holmes, Steven, Brian & Levi
We had such a blast on the beach! I am a person who would have a blast on the beach by myself as long as I had some music and a good book, but I realize not everyone can do that.  To keep everyone entertained, we had cornhole set up and played several games of volleyball and football.  In football, the men played the kids.  It got very intense, and the men tackled those boys like they were pros wearing pads and helmets!  Thankfully, no one was hurt, and the men beat the boys twice!


They had a blast!
Wednesday night we went out to Hooter's with most of the crew to root on the Cardinals.  It was so funny because we were yelling and chanting "C-A-R-D-S, Cards, Cards, Cards!"  Everyone thought we were crazy, which we aren't too far from it! 


My Mom, Me, Raylee & Claire at Hooter's
Most of the other families were heading out Thursday night/Friday morning or had already left on Wednesday night/Thursday morning, so the rest of the trip was much more relaxed.  I was able to actually get some reading in on those days.  I read two of Emily Giffin's books, Love the One You're With and Heart of the Matter.  Both were really good, mainly because I love her style of writing.  

On Thursday night, our family went out to Angelo's Steak Pit for some really good steaks, then we headed to play mini golf.  I can't remember the scoring exactly, but Brent beat me by about 3 or 4 strokes!  

My little sisters & I before heading out to eat. 
Brent & I in between Mini Golf holes.
We got several beach pictures on Friday since we knew it was our last day on the beach.  

Raylee Kate, Me, & Claire Bear
Brent & I
We stayed in Friday night and had a yummy supper thanks to my Mom.  We watched the Cardinals game and packed up all of our suitcases.  Saturday morning, we woke up and made the ten hour drive back to good old Kentucky.

We absolutely had a blast and we hope to do it again in the years to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment