Then they sent us over to the ultrasound room. The tech tried a external ultrasound, but it of course showed nothing since we aren't very far along. So she did an internal, and we saw the baby's sac. She measured it at 4 weeks 4 days when we should be around 5 weeks 5 days according to the date of my last period. She asked us to go sit out in the lobby while she called the nurse practitioner to tell her the results.
Once she heard from her and called us back, she told us that they weren't changing the due date at this point, they were just going to have us come back next week to keep a check on the baby and be sure it is still growing. So we are scheduled to come back next Friday.
I had a really hard time with this at first. I was worried that the baby had stopped growing, and I had a major meltdown once we made it to the car. But Brent just listened and told me it would all be okay (love that man!) and once I finally got to thinking about it, it kind of makes sense. Last month, we tried and tried to get pregnant during the days I should have been ovulating. And by the time the next week rolled around we were pretty much sick of one another! But this time, we were on vacation the week after I should have ovulated and it makes sense for us to be a week behind if we got pregnant there. So, if all is well, we really do have ourselves a PCB baby!


No comments:
Post a Comment