Pages

6.08.2012

18 Weeks Pregnant with a Baby BOY!


How far along? 18 weeks. Seriously almost halfway to meeting our sweet baby boy!
Total weight gain/loss: Down a little over 5 pounds now.  I'm really packing it on now that I have an appetite!
Maternity clothes? Bought my first maternity item at Motherhood Maternity last weekend, and only because it was a super cute skirt on clearance for $7! But I must say, all the freebies and coupons they gave me were great!
Stretch marks? Still none, but I am using BioOil to prevent!
Sleep: Like a rock. I can barely drag myself out of the deep slumber I am in when the alarm goes off.
Best moment this week: Feeling baby moving around in my tummy for the first time, and Brent feeling some small movement.
Miss Anything? Nothing really.
Movement: YES!  I finally started feeling some weird movement going on in there about a week ago. Then one day, I randomly ate one of Brent's zebra cakes out of the pantry and it was like PARTY.IN.MY.TUMMY!  Guess he liked all that sugar!  Most of the time it just feels like he is flipping around in there, but every once in awhile it feels like an actual jab/kick.  I had Brent feel a couple of days ago in the area I was feeling him, and he thinks he felt a little kick.  But we are VERY ready for him to be able to feel a definite movement.  He can't wait!  I told him to be patient, this is just mommy's special reward for going through all the sickness in the beginning and for the future of having to get him out and into this world.
Food cravings: I'm loving fresh cucumbers out of the garden soaked in vinegar, but I still wouldn't quite call it a craving.  I did finally give in & we ate at Buffalo Wild Wings last weekend.  We used to eat there once a week or at least every two weeks because we both loved it so much, but we haven't had it since I had first found out I was pregnant (before the sickness set in).  Since I am not loving meat during this pregnancy plus I haven't liked buffalo sauce like I used to, I just have avoided the place altogether.  I wasn't even sure I would be able to eat my food, but I went ahead and ordered my usual boneless wings in spicy garlic & hot buffalo.  But when they brought those wings out, I was in heaven!  They were so yummy!  I'm sure Brent will appreciate having his wife back in that aspect.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Still not big on meat...but getting better.
Gender: It's a BOY! 
Labor Signs: Definitely not yet.
Belly Button in or out? In.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Mood: Very happy & excited about this sweet little man.
Looking forward to: Our big growth & development ultrasound on Monday.  They will be looking at baby's brain, heart, kidneys & fluid levels to be sure everything is growing okay.  I will definitely also be having them check to make sure that he is still a boy!

3 comments:

  1. Aw! Your baby bump is so adorable! I cant wait to meet my sweet little nephew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love following new mommy blogs:) I am having a boy too! Goodluck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a new follower :-) congrats on your pregnancy! I'm new to the blogworld and would you for you follow my blog.

    ReplyDelete