Pages

6.14.2012

Baby Carter's Nursery Ideas

We have decided on what bedding and crib we will use in Carter's nursery.  Brent was certain that if we had a boy, he would have a camouflage/hunting room.  I, however, was not into that idea AT ALL!!  So, when I found this bedding set with deer and squirrels and birds, I knew it was just the compromise we needed.  Plus, the colors are green/brown, which I just love for a little boy!  I ordered a few pieces of the decor to be sure I liked it, and they were even cuter in person.  My mom/stepdad are going to order the actual bedding set as a gift for baby Carter.  


As far as nursery furniture, I have always wanted white, but with this bedding set, it really needed to be off white.  It actually worked perfectly because the furniture we will use in his room is already painted off white, so that will save us a lot of time and work!  My grandmother is going to buy the crib for us.  I found this one at Babies R Us and I really like it!
I have also ordered a few cute prints from Etsy to match everything.  And I'm thinking the walls will be painted the light green color from the bedding.  I still want to find a glider and an area rug since the floor in there is hardwood.  Other than those things, I think we will register for everything else.


I really can't wait to get his room all put together.  It seems to be the only thing on my mind right now!  I'm trying to focus on the rest of our house since we haven't fully settled in yet, but the baby room is just so much more fun!  I want everything to be perfect!  It's so bad that my hormones got the best of me the other day when Brent told me how great his deer heads/duck would look hanging in Carter's room.  I just started crying and told him he could put them anywhere else in the entire house, but just to please not put them in Carter's room!  Once he saw how important it was to me, he backed off really fast!  Long story short, the animals found their new home hanging out in the garage! 

2 comments:

  1. That bed-set is ADORABLE!! Too funny you got emotional at the notion of the deer/duck in your son's room!! I probably would have done the same thing, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a really cute nursery theme :) My hubs would love it!

    http://theaustinfamilydiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete