I am really getting excited about having a little boy! Really, in the beginning, I was very unsure/nervous about it. But with every day that passes, I just get even more excited about having another man in my life. If he turns out anything like my Brent, I will be more than lucky to have him! Lots of moms of boys have been telling me how great little boys are and how much they love their mommas, so that definitely helps! I have bought him a few outfits already, but I am trying to control myself because I know this baby will have WAY too many clothes between everyone else who will be buying for him. I can't wait to have him here to put them on!
We have pretty well decided on his name. I have loved the name for a long time and we decided it was perfect because it is different enough that no other boys in the family have it yet, but it isn't way out there either. He will be Carter Allen. Allen is Brent & his dad's middle names, so we are carrying that name on. I think they sound so good together!
I am so excited to register for our baby shower. I went to Babies R Us to buy a shower gift and really checked everything out. My little sister and I tried all of the strollers and carriers out to see which would work best and which were the lightest and easiest to get around. There is so much neat stuff in there that it makes me incredibly excited about coming back to pick out exactly what we need/want.
I am also ready to start looking pregnant instead of just looking like I had a few too many donuts! Dresses definitely make me look bigger since I'm carrying him so low. Some days I feel like I look big and others I feel like I don't look pregnant at all! I'm sure soon I will want to come back to these days but I'm so happy to be carrying this baby I just want it to show!


Carter Allen is such a sweet name :)
ReplyDeletehttp://theaustinfamilydiary.blogspot.com/