I know it is cliché, but I just can't believe I am about to re-cap my little man's first birthday weekend! It is ridiculous how fast his first year went by...but then again, I barely remember life before him, so I guess it has been awhile! :)
I'm just going to kind of skim over the birthday party part (on Saturday night) so I can do a more detailed post on that later this week.
I started off my weekend by taking off work a few hours early so I could run some errands baby-free and get a few things done before I picked little guy up from the sitter's. That night, we kept Carter's little cousin Brayden while his dad had school and his mom had a get-together to go to. Unfortunately, they both had to eat and were pretty worn out from the day, so they didn't really get much play time in. And during what little they did get, Carter took this long, plastic spoon he loves playing with from our kitchen and accidentally bonked Brayden over the top of his head! :( Both babies ended up crying! We will have to try that again sometime and maybe it will go a little better.
![]() |
| The only picture of Brayden I could manage... two babies are a lot of work! :) |
Then on Friday (my day off), Carter and I just hung out around the house finishing up some projects for the big party and doing laundry and other chores. It was COLD out that day, so we turned on the gas logs for the first time that morning since Carter has been mobile. Thankfully, he seemed to understand that it was hot and he couldn't touch the fireplace while they were on. I hope he gets used to that soon because nothing is better than having the fireplace going in the cold of winter.
Brent got Saturday and Sunday off work, so we enjoyed our rare Saturday morning around the house with Daddy and we did some more party prep.
![]() |
| Getting cleaned up for the big party! |
Then on Sunday morning, Carter's actual birthday, when I heard Carter talking on his monitor, Brent & I went into his room singing "happy birthday". He loved it! We cuddled him in our bed while he drank his sippy cup and then we all got ready for church. After church, we went to my grandparents' for a yummy breakfast and went home for us all to get a 2.5 hour nap!
It was decently warm, so since it is Carter's favorite, we played outside awhile and took him for a ride on the Ranger. We rode and rode and rode some more. We took a pit stop at little Brayden's house and talked to his mom and dad, and snapped a picture of the cousins in their little matching camo hats. Then it was back home for some supper, a bath, and the Cardinals game. I even gave little man a sucker in the bathtub (to keep the stickiness to a minimum!) since it was his special day. He was exhausted and ready for bed early since he skipped his second nap, but it gave me some extra time to clean up from the party and for us to enjoy watching the World Series in peace.










Sounds like Carter had a great first birthday!! I love your pumpkins, so cute!!
ReplyDelete