Pages

10.22.2013

Fall 'Round Here

Fall has really hit around here.  The trees are starting to change and the air has a chill to it.  Darkness falls before we even eat supper most nights!  But that hasn't kept us from enjoying the weather and the fall season (especially on the weekends!).

Carter is loving being pulled around in his car.  It is also a great way for mommy to get a tiny bit of exercise in.  Now that we aren't drenched in sweat the second we walk out the door, it is much more enjoyable to pull this thing up and down the driveway!  We go off-roading to the pond or visit our "dog-dog" Bella in it a ton, too!  It even has built-in cupholders in case mommy and daddy need a beer after a long day!  
After that picture, I forced some fall pictures on little man with my mums and pumpkin on the front porch.  I just couldn't resist when he was dressed in orange and was being such a good boy!
Our photoshoot came to a quick end when someone decided it would be fun to eat the pumpkin stems!
A couple of weeks ago, my little sisters were on Fall Break from school.  We used my Friday off work to all go to a local pumpkin "patch" to buy a few pumpkins and get some pictures of my little man's first real Halloween.  He was all of 4 days old last year, so things are so so so very different now!
The sun was really, really bright so poor guy just couldn't hardly keep those little eyes open!  And all he wanted to do was eat the corn.
Those three are some of my absolute favorite people in this world!  Love that they get to be to Carter the way I was to them...young enough to play together, but old enough to set an example and keep him in line!
Carter got the chance to wear his embroidered shirt (from Ooe & Auti), pumpkin-bottom pants (you can somewhat see this in the next picture), and his new Nike's...an early birthday present from his mommy & daddy! 
It was definitely a fun little outing for us!  I love making memories with my sisters and baby boy.
After going to the pumpkin farm, I added a few pumpkins around the house and even updated my DIY chalkboard in my kitchen for the Halloween season (picture coming tomorrow!).  Now I'm trying to decide if I want to change it to something first birthday themed or just leave it around for Halloween!

Now it's time to start making batches of chili and have a bonfire to complete the fall season! :)

1 comment:

  1. Awww I love his pre-toddler hair! Looks just like my son's hair! New follower on bloglovin! -Andrea

    ReplyDelete