Pages

10.18.2013

Five on Friday

I've been so bad lately about getting things on the blog.  Partly due to the fact that I'm so busy taking care of little man on my own while Brent works every day and partly due to the fact that I haven't been very good about getting my camera out to take real pictures.  But, I promised myself I would do better, and I have been!  So first I have to catch up on what we've been up to!  What better way than linking up with Five on Friday?

1. Carter & I have been trying to get out and enjoy the last of the warm weather.  Most of the days have been getting cooler and cooler, so on the days it was in the 70s/80s, we made sure to get out and get some sunshine.  Little man LOVES being outside, so he has been in heaven!  A couple of weeks ago, we used our Friday together and went to the playground for the first time.  Of course, he couldn't really do much, but he loved climbing around.  I took him down the slide with me and it kind of freaked him out a bit!  We also spent this past Sunday outside most of the day because it was SO gorgeous....we took Bella for a swim in the pond, Carter rode his little car and swung in his swing, then we went to my Mom's and he rode another little toy and rolled a ball around with his Aunt Raylee!

2. I've been reading lots more on my Kindle lately.  I kind of go through spurts of reading a ton and not reading at all and lately I have been reading a ton.  I started Gone Girl and could not put it down until it was finished.  I swear I spent every second I possibly could reading...hence the reason I try not to read all the time!  Anyways, the book was great.  It totally had me hanging off of every word.  But when I got to the end, I was so unhappy with it.  Why did it have to end that way?!? Then I found out there is going to be a movie and it is going to be filmed like an hour from my house!  I'm interested to see how they make it into a movie.  Maybe it will have a better ending!

3.  I finally broke down and upgraded my iPhone this week!  I went from the 3gs to the 5c...so I'm still getting used to it, but loving it so far!  Since lots of my pictures on here come from my phone, I will finally have some better pictures to be posting.  My old phone didn't have flash or a front camera, so I'm amazed at the difference in the picture quality.  I can even take pictures of my little guy in the bathtub now without them being so grainy.  I posted a video last night on Instagram of him blowing his bubbles and splashing around in there.  (Link to my account on the right sidebar!) I have this little beauty pictured below on the way to protect my new phone.  
4. Carter finally seems to finally be between rounds of teething.  He is up to 6 teeth now, 4 on top and 2 on bottom.  Since he is finally feeling better, he has been a little hungry monster!  I can't keep the boy fed.  I swear he is eating nearly as much as Brent and I!  I pretty much have to just cut him off because I think he would eat as long as I was putting food in front of him.  I'm always amazed at all the things he likes...we let him try most anything I prepare for dinner, but I don't usually think he will care much for it.  But I have yet to find a thing the boy won't eat!  He loved having french fries with us at Buffalo Wild Wings!

5. Brent & I went to the Florida Georgia Line concert last Thursday.  It was AMAZING!! I love their music even more now, and who thought that was possible?  I failed to take a single picture at the concert.  But, my mom, sisters and I are going to see Luke Bryan in Nashville this weekend! :) I'm so excited!  We are also going to do a little shopping...maybe I can even wrap up a little more of my Christmas shopping.  I'm going to miss my little man, but know he will be well taken care of spoiled rotten by his grandparents (Brent's mom and dad). When I get back, it's time to kick it into high gear because my little man's BIG birthday party is just a week away!

No comments:

Post a Comment