Carter man turned 15 months old on Monday! Brent and I were just talking the other night about how wild it is that he is already a quarter of the way to being two...and it feels like we just celebrated his birthday! It's just going WAY too fast.
![]() |
| The boy loves his tractors! |
![]() |
| He's such a happy boy when he's with his Daddy! |
![]() |
| The first time he got up on the window seat...he was waiting for Daddy to get home. |
He is straight up amazing us everyday with the things he catches on to. He has learned exactly what pretty much every toy he has does and what you are supposed to do with it. Play phones go up to his ear and his golf club is for hitting the ball and the utensils from his kitchen are for giving out "bites" and his instrument set is for making music. It's something new everyday and we love to see him learn new things.
![]() |
| Clearly not using the drum right here...but so, so funny! :) |
![]() |
| A family Ranger ride on a "warm" January day! |
Carter is very very into his routine. I've found he goes down for his nap with much less fight and much faster if I can get him down in anticipation of him getting tired. If I wait until he is already completely worn out, he will fight and fight and it can take him over an hour just to go to sleep! And if I try to skip out on giving him a bath some nights, he just won't have it! He will go stand at the bottom of the stairs at the gate and say "ba" over and over until I just give up and go give him one!
![]() |
| He LOVES his bathtime! |
Speaking of dogs, we let our dog Bella in the house during the first "polar vortex" thing that came through our area and brought our temperatures down well below zero for a couple of days. At first, they were a little leery of one another, but within a few hours they were the best of buddies! I almost was convinced to let her stay inside because I never had to clean up the floor after Carter ate a meal with her around, but then I noticed how much she had shed and all of the hair coating our floors and I quickly came to my senses!
![]() |
| Checking out "Bell Bell" |
He has also battled a cough/cold most of the month. The weather has been a rollercoaster, so that is not at all surprising! Somehow, we made it through the month without an ear infection though, so that is a win for us.
Eating-wise, he is doing great. He doesn't miss a meal, and rarely turns down what we are trying to feed him! I love that he pretty much eats what we eat....it makes for much easier meal times. Going out to eat is suddenly enjoyable again! Carter loves being out and about and people watching, so going out for our meals is actually easier than being at home these days. I just take along some sort of snack to keep him occupied before the meal (especially when we eat Mexican and have chips/salsa beforehand...he's not a fan!), plenty of juice, and a sticky disposable placemat for him and we are set!
![]() |
| He takes after me...french fries are his favorite! |
We love our little man so much and every month just gets better it seems! We would love to just push pause right in these moments, but then we would miss what next month brings, so onward we go I guess.












We are struggling with NO over here too! I feel like if I tell Aislynn NO, then she MUST do it! Your little man keeps getting cuter and cuter!!
ReplyDeleteGosh! I remember when Carter was born. So crazy how time flies. Glad Carter is just now in size 4 diapers...I saw a 4 month old in size 4 diapers today and about had a heart attack!
ReplyDelete