Pages

1.29.2014

It's the Little Things

I'm linking up today with Ashley at Words about Waverly with some of the little things I want to remember forever about this time with my sweet boy.

Like the way he is suddenly so into giving hugs.  Not just the ones we ask for...the ones where he is just playing and suddenly feels the need to come give me a big hug around the neck.  Once he is done, he moves on right back to playing.  Those kind of hugs mean the world to me!  


And the way he is really into music and dancing right now.  The other night, we were headed up to the bath tub and I had my iPhone on iTunes radio playing some country radio station.  The song "That's My Kind of Night" by Luke Bryan came on (which has a fun beat) and he stopped in his tracks on the step he was climbing, stood up, and started breaking it down! :)  I so, so wish I could have been able to record that little moment, but as long as it is here written down I can remember it forever!

I never want to forget how precious he treats his pacifier these days.  Used to, he would just spit that sucker out as soon as a sippy of milk came his way.  But these days, he is really into carefully handing it off to Mommy or Daddy for safe-keeping until he is finished.  It's probably time we start weaning him off of that thing but I hate doing it when he is getting all of these teeth!

Another little moment I never want to forget happened last night.  I am in the process of re-doing our master bed & bathroom and I just sewed some curtains for in there.  I was having Brent hang the new curtain rod up for me and little man and I were just hanging out in there with him handing him what he needed up on the ladder.  Well, Carter just couldn't stand not to be like his Daddy and within seconds was crawling up the ladder to him!  It was absolutely precious...he is forever going to be on his Daddy's heels!  

Proof that I at least caught this moment on our video camera!
There's a million other little things Carter does I never want to forget like smashing his green peas, saying "arf arf" everytime he sees a dog (or any type of animal pretty much), pressing his face into the top of his drum and making silly faces (can be seen in his 15 month post here), and giving the wettest, sloppiest kisses you have ever seen!  But I guess there is always next week to share some more!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE all of these!!!! Thank you so much for sharing and for being a part of this!!! Can't wait to hear more!

    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them! I just wrote a post about the little things I want to remember that should be coming up tomorrow. I'm going check out this link up :) Love those little hugs too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your "little things" SO much! Sadie gives me the same spontaneous kisses and it makes me tear up every single time! Thanks for linking up and sharing with us!
    xoxo

    www.sadieskyboutique.com

    ReplyDelete