Our area has been in the "polar vortex" until the past couple of days, so we had some of the coldest temperatures in 20 years and got a little snow and ice to go along with it. Really, it wasn't much of any snow, but it was enough mixed with the cold to cancel all the schools and it got Brent out off work on Sunday and Monday.
Sunday we got to spend as a family, going to church and breakfast and lazing around the house. But Monday, it was back to work for this momma, leaving my two guys at home. Within an hour of being at work, I get a call from Brent asking if I wanted the good or the bad news first. I told him to just spit it out!
Turns out little man came up and grabbed Brent's phone from him. He has an (ancient) iPhone with an Otterbox on it and Carter is really bad about wanting it...not to play with, to chew on! It's not something we allow him to do, but every chance he gets, he takes off with it. He likes to pull out the charger cover and bite on it, which makes us worry he is going to bite it off and choke on it.
Carter man got a couple of steps away and lost his balance, falling face-first to the hardwood and the plastic on the phone somehow either A) busted or B) (as I think) cut his lip wide open. Brent says he completely freaked out crying which I'm sure didn't help the fact that blood was running everywhere. It took a good 15 minutes or more for Brent to get it to stop. I'm sure that is true judging by the amount of blood I came home to find on Brent's sweatshirt where Carter was cuddled up to him at.
He called and told me only after it had stopped bleeding so he knew it was not going to entail an ER trip and me leaving work to meet them. And, in all honesty, he probably waited because he knew I would freak out! He texted me a picture of Carter's lip after we talked that I can't seem to get out of my head. I will not be putting it on here because it is disgusting. It really looked horrible!
Thankfully, by the time I was home, it was only puffy and a little bloody around it where Brent had done his best to clean it up but little guy just wasn't having it. During his bath we really got it cleaned up well and thankfully now, at the end of the week, it is just a white scar you can tell is healing up still. We are crossing our fingers he doesn't fall on/hit it again until it is fully healed so it doesn't re-open on us!
![]() |
| Sweet baby in the bath that night. |
Besides that, we have just been doing the usual daily stuff and trying to get back in the grind from some weeks that have us way off schedule from the holidays. I'm looking forward to spending the weekend at home with Carter and hoping to make a decision on a paint color for our master bedroom & bathroom that is in the process of a makeover. Brent will be working again this weekend since they missed so much work time due to the weather, but it is supposed to be his last weekend so we are beyond thrilled about the next weekend already! :)



Poor baby and poor daddy! That's so tough. I would have freaked out too. Sounds like he handled it well though. Hope they're both recovering from the trauma!
ReplyDelete