Pages

12.31.2013

Our House this Christmas

I debated upon not putting up a tree or really any decorations at all this Christmas since I have a busybody toddler running around getting into everything.  But Christmas is my favorite and we decided we were just going to try our best to discipline him enough to keep him away from the tree and other decor.

I bought some chevron ribbon and some red deco mesh at Sam's earlier in the year.  I cut the mesh into pieces and filled in any gappy spots in the tree.  My grandma made me a big, pretty bow from my ribbon. 
I ordered a tree skirt and stockings this year from a little boutique locally.  I debated and debated on ordering Pottery Barn stockings and finally just decided to go with these.  
Once I got the stockings in, I realized how much I loved them and went ahead and ordered a few more blank ones for future baby Smith's!

This is in our dining area.  We took an old mirror and busted out the glass (we meaning Brent here!) and then spray painted the frame red.  I strung twine in the middle and we use it to display all of our Christmas cards.  Then we have our nativity set my step-grandma got me for Christmas a few years ago.  I love this little area!
My chalkboard got a special Christmas makeover inspired by this pin that I have drooled over on Pinterest for ages and finally decided to give it a try!  It took me an entire naptime but I am in love with how it turned out and don't want to erase it.
And last, I have a picture of our dining area (AKA the table we never use).  My love for snowmen is obvious here! :)

I didn't even picture all the work my husband did to get the outside of our house in the spirit!  He hung icicle lights and it has been one of Carter's favorite parts of Christmas.

Thankfully, I was able to get all of the indoor decor down on 12/28, which is probably the earliest I have ever taken down Christmas, but baby boy was getting worse and worse about wanting to play with the ornaments...not to mention our house got taken over with toys and things and there was simply not room for both decorations AND toys, so one had to go!  I think I made the right choice, because Carter has been playing with his toys constantly over the past few days and it has been amazing!  I'm just trying to ignore the random things everywhere.

Tonight, Brent & I have a babysitter for little man and a date night planned.  We will be going out for dinner and then to a dance where we will ring in the new year with drinks and our friends! Best wishes for a great 2014...can't wait to see what's in store!

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! I love your decorations! Love the chevron and stripes and polka dots. The stockings are adorable and the chalkboard is so impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet christmas!!! Love how you displayed your cards!!! :)

    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete