Pages

2.20.2012

A Case of the Mondays...Cured!

I woke up today with a pounding headache, which I'm sure is thanks to this crazy Kentucky weather that is warm one day and freezing the next!  Then I came in to work and our computers are doing something crazy, and we aren't sure if our database with our client's prior years tax returns can EVER be recovered (bad, bad news!).  Plus, tax season has hit in full force and I am getting overwhelmed.  Not to mention, when I get off work, I have to do the only form of shopping I despise...grocery shopping!  Put simply, I think we have ourselves a case of the Mondays!


But I think it is important to remember just because I'm having a crappy day to remember there are other people out there facing worse.  People are out there going through chemo treatments & fighting for their lives.  People are losing their jobs & their homes.  Then you have people like Megan, who revealed on Sunday that she miscarried their sweet baby.  


I can remember the days and weeks following our miscarriage, and the things I would see people complain about on twitter, Facebook, their blogs, and in conversation.  It killed me to see them get so worked up over something that wouldn't even matter the next day, while I was trying to deal with the loss of a child, something I will have to deal with for my entire life.  And I can only imagine how cancer patients and the jobless would feel about many of the things we complain about.


I think it is important for me to remember what is important in life and to not allow myself to get down over the small stuff.  Who cares if I have a headache? It will go away!  Why worry about work?  We will figure something out!  And so what if I have to go grocery shopping? At least we can afford to feed ourselves!

2 comments:

  1. This post seriously made me cry. Thank you so much. You are right, we get so caught up in our own life and problems that we forget that people are going through so much worse. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it's hard to see past ourselves and live so objectively, but it's great to be reminded that sometimes, we should.

    ReplyDelete