Pages

2.07.2012

Love Story Link-Up with Becky

I'm linking up with Becky at From Mrs to Mama with our love story.  
via
1. How long have you and your significant other been together?


Brent & I have been together for almost seven years.  {Friday, May 13th, 2005 was our first date!}


2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
our senior prom
We actually met in high school...yes, high school sweethearts. :) We took some classes together, but didn't really get to know each other very well until our junior year.  I signed up for an accounting class since that is what I knew I wanted to do, and he got stuck in there because his choices of electives were full.  So by chance, we ended up in that class and had a mutual friend who introduced us.  We ended up sitting by each other in that class every day for the entire year.  We both had a boyfriend/girlfriend at the time, so we were just friends for most of the year.  However, things started getting rocky at the end of my junior year with my boyfriend, so when I ended things with him, Brent & I just kind of fell into each other's arms and have been there ever since!

3. If married, how long have you been married? {do tell}



We got married on August 8, 2009, so around two and a half years.


4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?
We got married in our church, which is the same church I was baptized in as a newborn & went to (nearly) every week for my entire life!  Our church holds around four hundred people (I think!), and it was absolutely packed for our wedding!  So I would definitely say our wedding was big!  I have a HUGE extended family (my grandad was one of 15 and my grandma one of 8 children), plus my step-dad's family and Brent's side. That made for one nervous bride walking down that aisle, but it was so worth it to have all of our family and friends in attendance!

5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!



We don't have any certain nicknames we call each other, but we definitely use random ones all the time.  I rarely call Brent by his name unless he's in trouble or I'm trying to get his attention.  Usually I call him babe, honey, sweetie or whatever else random pops in my brain.  

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.



I love that he is caring.  He absolutely, 100%, cares about everyone in his life.  He is constantly doing things for people, like helping people out with plumbing problems at their houses or sitting and cutting up with old people or truly listening to what others have to say.  


I love the way he can always make me smile.  It doesn't matter how terrible things are going, he just has a way to make me feel all better.  I can never stay mad at him!!


I love how he is with kids and cannot wait to give him one of his own!  He loves to play with babies/kids and I know his is going to make such a good daddy someday (hopefully soon!!).  And until then, we just act like big kids ourselves by doing things like watching Disney movies and rolling around in the snow!

7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?

Our proposal story isn't one for the storybooks!  Brent bought me an engagement ring during our sophomore year of college in January.  But he was so nervous to ask my dad for his permission to marry his daughter, so he just kind of held onto it for awhile.  The next thing I know, it is April Fool's Day and we are hanging out at my dad's house....Brent said he would be right back and went out of the room for a bit and came back and got down on one knee! I, of course, thought he was pulling an April Fool's joke on me and got mad at him and told him to get up, that this was not funny. But when he opened the ring box, there was this gorgeous, shiny ring in there and I was thinking, "surely he didn't go buy a fake ring??", but I still wasn't convinced until the words came out of his mouth!  "Will you marry me?"  And I said yes!  The funniest part of the story is that he also had asked my dad for his permission to marry me earlier that same day!!  It never even crossed their minds that it was April Fool's Day!  {Tuesday, April 1st, 2008 was our engagement date.}


8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberrieschampagne, and rose petals?


He is not a Valentine's day guy at all!  Last year he did get me flowers and maybe some chocolate, but he isn't too into the whole Valentine's day thing!  And honestly, I'm not really either! I mean yes, it is nice to acknowledge the day a little bit, but I would much rather have something surprise me any other day of the year when it isn't expected or forced.  When Brent does romantic things, it usually involves candles and a massage, which is WAY better than flowers anyways!

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?



I think it depends on what is going on in life at the moment.  When work is busy and we are worn out from the week, we really enjoy just cuddling up on the couch with a pizza and popping in a good DVD from whatever we have on Netflix.  But when things are settled down and we have time, I really like to go out and have fun.  Everyone needs that every once in awhile!

10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?



We would go to Jamaica, where we spent our honeymoon!  We loved the relaxing atmosphere down there, and the beaches were amazing!! We both are just a couple of beach bums...we could lay on the beach with a drink in our hands for the rest of our lives if we could!
 
11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day. 



We don't have plans yet!  Brent will have class that night and usually doesn't get home until 9 or so, so we probably won't do much on the actual day?  But we will hopefully get to go on a date the weekend afterwards!

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?

via
I'm not necessarily asking for a thing, but I would love to go see The Vow movie.  I have definitely hinted around about that, but I don't know if I can convince Brent to go see that one!  It may have to be a girlie date.

13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love. 



I think the most important thing is making time for one another.  Brent & I have super busy schedules, but we still make sure we have time every day to at least have some sort of conversation and a little bit of cuddling time before bed.  Sometimes you have to prioritize and say no to others like friends or family when you need a little bit of extra time with your spouse!  

14.  Show us a picture of what love means to you.

Brent has really taken my sisters and family as his own.  This picture is from about five or six years ago and he was already their "big brother".  Love him so much! :)
Go to Becky's blog today and check out all the other link-ups!

No comments:

Post a Comment